Trump just fired FBI director James Comey

Agreed. It doesn’t hurt to put Wikileaks on the send list, but any such dump really has to go directly to the NYT, WaPo, Guardian, etc.

What Wikileaks would do with it would come down to whether Assange believed the revelations would see Hillary Clinton in the Oval Office before 2020. If he did then I’d be wary of how they’d handle it; if he didn’t it would be business as usual.

It’s hard to say, because big data dumps isn’t how their culture handles leaks. On the other hand, the rank-and-file investigators aren’t appointees, have put a lot of work into the project, and wouldn’t be thrilled to have a matter of national security and counterespionage this serious just swept under the rug.

6 Likes

I mean, leave it to Trump to fire him instead of ask for his resignation.

11 Likes

I’d want Fox to also be on that list, just to see what they’d do with the info.

8 Likes

Hey, give it to Infowars too, like an Eris hand-grenade!

11 Likes

Rearranging the deck chairs in the tRump-Titanic isn’t going to work as he expects. It’s still on fire and sinking.

15 Likes

Or Susan Sontag’s while receiving an electric shock while signing.

Either Trump is out of office by the end of the summer, or there are troops in the streets. I seriously don’t see how else it can go at this rate.

13 Likes

“You’re dumpster fired!”

10 Likes

22 Likes

http://www.mas.io/images/series/88/04/8804/episode/384873/441eb86015eea2ca74eca112757fd5e5-banner.jpg

7 Likes

Bets on both?

8 Likes

And there is the answer to the question of why Trump included the comment about Comey telling him he wasn’t under investigation. It doesn’t matter if it’s true or not, it’s now in black and white in newspapers and on websites everywhere so it can be quoted as circular proof.

14 Likes

Gawd, I hope not!

2 Likes

It is accelerating quickly. Before either or both happens, though, I see the regime moving up the timetable on starting whatever war they had planned to help them during the 2018 midterms.

North Korea seems like the path of least resistance, at least in terms of domestic and international politics. As long as they get the green light from China they’re set.

9 Likes

There is very little chance my congressperson will be voted out, but I still vote against him every single time. I even vote against him in the primary because I cannot stand that motherfucker.

11 Likes

People at that level don’t dump. He’ll have a lucrative consulting gig before the year’s out.

6 Likes

What about the new Administration in South Korea?

2 Likes

This applies to so much-- I always say “imagine if Gore had been President on 9/11, the GOP would be screaming for impeachment before the dust had even cleared.”

The problem is the GOP is wholly partisan and brutal about it, whereas the DEMs still have some decency and make attempts at bi-partisanship. Good guys finish last.

19 Likes

“It was necessary to restore public trust in the FBI.”

splorf!

9 Likes

They’ll just be strongarmed by the regime in Washington: play ball with us or you can start defending yourselves against the North without our help.

Similar pressure will probably be placed on Japan, which along with South Korea will be directly and destructively affected by any war on Pudgy’s Basket Case Kingdom.

9 Likes