Trump lawyer Rudolph Giuliani insists they never denied collusion with Russia

This comes to mind whenever Giuliani is brought up…

aa87fb5318c6a4c36b15389e435a5039

Snake Charmer comes in second.

7 Likes

I’m already looking forward to 2021 when the next POTUS’ job will be quietly cleaning up the mess that this swamp draining has created.

The winning campaign slogan? "I can fix this"

13 Likes

05%20AM

35 Likes

“Seems like we are headed to a spot where there is effectively no acting president…”
We’ve been in that spot for over 2 years now.
Donny 2 Scoops with box of crayons is not running the country.
Manchurian is a senile star in a spectacle his installers/backers/enablers are running while he is yapping, photo-op-ing and making ludicrous factless claims.
Unfortunately Americans are too slow to realize what whole World around them has known.

5 Likes
14 Likes

4p83tlLzKCwLpGfZkNKT2yH0zkpGsq_peRZVb-0J_yg

19 Likes

I can see the game Giuliani is playing, i would just pivot and ask him directly. “So lets be clear here, are you confirming on the record that there was collusion with Russia?”

And force him to answer as a simple yes or no.

10 Likes

Except he totally, TOTALLY has.

“Regardless of whether collusion would be a crime, is it still the position of you and your client that there was no collusion with the Russians whatsoever on behalf of the Trump campaign?”

“Correct.” WaPo story.

11 Likes

Regarding “toast”, I wonder about that. It all comes down to how Republicans act in congress when the Mueller report comes out. Predictably Fox News will find excuses and explanations, but does the RNC follow suit? Who is the head of this beast, Fox News or GOP leadership, who calls the shots?

I’m sure Trump knows most of what went on, and knows it isn’t legal, but he’s counting on the GOP to protect him until 2020, when he can conveniently lose the election-- then he can cite conspiracy and bias and voter fraud, and avoid impeachment by the new DEM majority.

2 Likes

In four days, Mike Pence could invoke the 25th Amendment and be eligible to run for two terms of his own. I don’t expect he will, but I can hope. [I have no doubt Pence would be horrible as President in different ways than Trump is, but at least I think he’s less likely to hold the government hostage for a major boondoggle like Trump’s Folly.]

3 Likes

I think interviewers need to stop asking questions and start making statements. He’d never answer that question, so instead say, “Based on what you said, I’m reporting to my viewers that you are on record saying that there was collusion with Russia, unless you take this opportunity to tell me, on record, that there was no collusion with Russia; or, unless you tell me that you do not know whether there was collusion with Russia or not.”

12 Likes

I don’t see them do this enough, i presume they want to leave guests enough room to argue because they want them to come back. I get it but i’d rather have a news organization take someone like Giuliani to task. If he never comes back then good riddance. However Trump and Giuliani are starved for attention so they would always come back.

9 Likes

It’s a measure of how sleazy Il Douche’s legal team is that Rudy is its “respectable” face, rolled out for MSM outlets that aren’t Fox or Breitbart or other parts of the conservative noise machine. They’re banking on Giuliani’s now completely exhausted brand goodwill from 9/11 and cleaning up NYC, but he just comes across as a fool like he does here.

8 Likes

Look, people always get a little nervous the first time they’re on tv.

5 Likes

But it’s not a crime if the President does it.

That interview is genuinely funny.

1 Like

Isnt this the “ah ha!” moment??? i want to see SOMEBODY in gov step up and say ENOUGH already. Why do I feel naive in that never happening. :confused:

2 Likes

That gaslighting S.O.B.

6 Likes

Ron Howard voice: “They did.”

6 Likes