Trump meets with tech leaders: Apple, Facebook, Google, Amazon, IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, Tesla, Intel

Can we start referring to the Trumplets as Lord Eric, Princess Ivanka, and Lord Donald? I guess Baron Jared, too, but I’m maybe a little unclear on that.

8 Likes

“So the reason I called you all here is that we got this tech problem and you are tech guys. So, every time I open up the internet, I got all these toolbars up here. Where are these goddam things coming from? Is it a virus?”

25 Likes

17 Likes

Half of them are looking at Trump with the disdain of “I could buy your ‘company’ with the loose change in my couch cushions…”

11 Likes

You act as if Trump actually wants to talk to industry leaders to achieve some specific policy goals… In reality he just wants to be photographed holding court at the cool kids table.

26 Likes

It’s a damn shame it’s a privately held company. I’d laugh my ass off if someone were to buy it and asset strip it.

12 Likes

Manhattan - the new Berchtesgaden

4 Likes

Frighteningly true.

3 Likes

They all look sick. I’m sure they feel their time was waste for this PR stunt.

7 Likes

I hope that after this meeting they met in the back room of a bar and started planning Trump’s downfall.

They could do it.

21 Likes

How could this be a real Tech Leader summit if Tim Armstrong wasn’t invited?

2 Likes

Alex Karp’s hair looks like it wants to duel with Trump’s hair.

11 Likes

Unlike less openly gay Peter Thiel?

5 Likes

He wants powerful people to be his bitch. He already slapped Twitter down with the disinvitation. Dropped the stock price of Boing and Lockheed Martin. This is a summons for them to kiss his ring and crawl before him. A flexing of his power, before he even takes office. Nothing good comes of this.

17 Likes

Yes, without actually being in the room, that’s how it looks: a ring-kissing ceremony, with pictures for public consumption. I think Jack Dorsey got the better end of this deal. Maybe Trump hasn’t figured out how to negotiate with the man who runs Twitter.

6 Likes

Thiel loves his daddy Trump.

7 Likes

I guess you’re right. If you are a tech leader who declined the invitation, you are courting Trump’s wrath, which is real and already demonstrated… In that light, just showing up is a form of supplication. Holding court was a power move and all these billionaires just roll over for fear of reprisal. It is scary, especially since these assholes control government access to all our data.

6 Likes

Let me translate the psychopath-ese for you:
Trump: "play by my rules or I’ll eat you and shit out the keyboard keys."
Usury crowd: "grovel, grovel…but what about my business of ripping people off?"
Trump: “You’ll be fine as long as you’re mine. Probably.”

2 Likes

So that’s what you think the business of all of these companies is: ripping people off?

Luckily, you don’t use any of them yourself, right?

1 Like

Not really, no. Not that anyone has a choice, mind you, particularly when it comes to alphabet, if we want to use the internet.