Trump mocks Asians

So you would never vote for Jon Stewart because of all the voices he has done on the show?

I watched this show again recently, having not seen it for a very long time.

Found it quite uncomfortable, it has not aged well.

(not because of this clip, by the way, mostly the gay stuff)

3 Likes

Don, you idiot, the correct term is ā€œBuy something or get out.ā€

And when it comes to master wall builders, call the Chinese. Itā€™ll be a tourist attraction.

11 Likes

Thatā€™s Trump, showing the gravitas of a future leader of the free worldā€¦

Nope, couldnā€™t say it with a straight face.

Seriously, Trump scares the shit out of me. Heā€™s probably the closest modern-day equivalent of an actual, literal fascist. Throwing around the ā€œMake America great again!ā€ rhetoric, combined with his toxic racism against Asians in this case, and also against Latinos and anyone else whoā€™s not white. Also throw in his misogyny, and his incredibly thin skin and intolerance of any sort of criticism, or even being asked tough questions. Just ask Jorge Ramos.

He says all this toxic shit, but people love him! Heā€™s drawing out all the racist carpet-biters in America like Sauron calling his orcs to war on Middle Earth.

Trump is a person who needs to be kept away from the Oval Office at all costs.

12 Likes

I shuddered and Iā€™m not even American!

Seriously though given the number of people heā€™s now directly insulted is his potential voter pool even big enough for that to be possible?

1 Like

I canā€™t recall Stewart doing any impressions that Iā€™d consider ā€œpunching down.ā€ In either case, if he chose to run for the Presidency Iā€™d have to make the decision to vote for him based on how well he demonstrated his qualifications for the office.

Jon Stewart is a brilliant comedian and social critic but that doesnā€™t necessarily mean heā€™d make a good head of state. Iā€™d hope that if he ever ran for public office heā€™d demonstrate enough intelligence and respect to leave ā€œbad impressions of foreign accentsā€ off the campaign trail.

12 Likes

I can imagine the rest of the multi-millionaire & billionaire class of election fixer kicking themselves right now because instead of paying politicians to fix the game so they can make more money at the expense of the working man, here Trump has the working man paying him to fix the game so they can make more money at the expense of the working man.

6 Likes

Ha! As bitter and resigned as I can be about American politics, I canā€™t honestly see a way he becomes President. He plays well to the absolute lowest/dumbest level of the Republican base right now, the people who donā€™t really ever think about policy or how government works, and thatā€™s who is giving him a lead in the polls (but even then heā€™s only polling around 30%, itā€™s just that the GOP field is so overcrowded.) Trump fans are the people who are ā€œtired of this PC bulls#!tā€ and donā€™t consider that they will need Latino and Asian votes to win in 2016, so maybe offending huge portions of the population isnā€™t a good strategy.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s the key: Punching down versus punching up. We all know arrogant asshats who need to be taken down a notch. But attacking minorities, and people who are experiencing repression one way or another - that falls under Not Cool.

I donā€™t think itā€™s possible for someone like Trump to punch up. Heā€™s a white executive billionaire. Who would he punch up at?

5 Likes

As soon as Nixon is throwing snowballs in hell.

5 Likes

I think just because the comment was about Bush doesnā€™t mean he wasnā€™t also mocking Asians.

9 Likes

Iā€™d love to see him make fun of God just to see if that finally alienates his last remaining supporters.

8 Likes

Thereā€™s no chance in hell Trump will actually be elected but it is possible heā€™ll make it thru the primaries if enough of the crazy base goes to the polls. In terms of winning the general election however? Not in a million years.

However, he is doing something that has never been done beforeā€¦and that is turning the election process upside down. He is the perfect turd in the punchbowl and making a mockery of a truly dysfunctional campaign process.

Because he is so outrageous and narcissistic and is apparently unable to control his ego at all costs, I canā€™t help but sit back and smile at how much his antics will eventually destroy the entire Republican party for at least a generation.

Hell, he might even bring down the feckless establishment Democrats as well which could actually lead to a Bernie Sanders Presidency. Thatā€™s my hope anyway.

13 Likes

Although heā€™s certainly shown himself to be a more thoughtful, eloquent and a more nuanced thinker than, well, every single Republican candidate.

15 Likes

Me too, actually. There was still some funny stuff in there, but the opening bit was cringe-worthyā€¦

3 Likes

Damned with faint praise.

2 Likes

True. I should have specified: many orders of magnitude more thoughtfulā€¦ Although thatā€™s still not much better, honestly.

4 Likes

Netflix?

Definitely, I love me some Eddie Murphy.

2 Likes

Yeahā€¦ Oh, I should see if RAW is on there, too.

1 Like

Mr. Trump once again raises the bar on what it means to be an Ugly American

3 Likes