Trump "Obese"

At least the second tallest…

2 Likes

I thought I read elsewhere that he was 237, which would make him overweight and slightly below obese.

Trump is the one making the medical claims, and the one who reported the weight. Weight is a legitimate health concern, so pointing out that he’s “obese” is legit in this context.

5 Likes

He’s bringing back jobs, manufacturing girdles for men.

4 Likes

Dr. Oz pretty much took a check to say whatever the Trump camp approved. I have no proof of this other than Dr. Oz’s complete and udder lack of any credibility when on camera.

The “higher than average testosterone” on a 267 pound 74 year old is all the proof I need :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

If terrorists killed everyone taller, he wouldn’t brag that he was the tallest in New York.

Well, not again

5 Likes

Some days, I can almost sympathize with those rage-filled alt-right lunatics who start frothing at the mere mention of political correctness, in that hypersensitivity to any perceived offense causes many people to overcompensate in a futile attempt to never offend anyone, ever.

Almost.

At a certain point, it becomes too much like expecting everyone to walk on eggshells all the time, and that’s not ideal either.

There should be a way to speak one’s mind honestly & directly but without veering over into rude & obnoxious douchebag territory; which is unfortunately what many anti-PC proponents seem to erroneously believe that the first amendment guarantees.

11 Likes

::cringes audibly::

3 Likes

Let’s get back to criticizing him over substance. Plus, BMI is biased against taller men, and taller probably starts under 6 feet. BMI is a ratio of weight to height squared; if we were perfectly round, a ratio of weight to height^3 would be appropriate; since we’re not a power between 2 and 3 is more appropriate, and so the equivalent cutoff for a man who is 5’10" and one who is 6’2" would allow the taller man maybe ten extra pounds or more. BMI hasn’t been ‘updated’ but alternates have been suggested, but nobody seems to care because tall guys get enough breaks as it is. All people tend to say is “it’s not a good metric for individuals; only groups”, which is a cop-out when its problems are well-understood and the alternative is justified and easy to use. The other excuse people say is ‘I’m all muscle and have the same BMI as another fat person’, which is true, but people who say that probably just want a star because they work out a lot. It the same time, the bias in BMI will give shorter people and probably especially women an improper rosy view of their BMI.

3 Likes

That would be nice.

8 Likes

If the media treated this like they treat Hillary Clinton’s health, all we’d be hearing right now is TRUMP OBESE!!!1!!ELEVENTYONE!! TRUMP HEART ATTACK STROKE CANCER AIDS WHATEVER ANY DAY NOW!!!1!!ARGLEBARGLE!!1!

10 Likes

Again, I may not be mass publishing it, or making it go viral via the internet outrage machine, but I am rooting for it.

Trying to ‘will’ it into happening, even.

1 Like

I don’t know. If you called Hillary obese, and she was, would people say, “Well that is an unfortunate but fair fact.”?

I really don’t care if people call Trump fat or obese. Obese clown has a nice ring to it.

As I said, it is pretty damn easy to fall under that category. I am the “ideal” weight and people ask what is wrong with me and that I need to eat. So I don’t really know how one chart can hope to apply to various body types.

I’m going to pretend I am John Oliver.

“Everyone is so intent on talking about Trumps weight no one noticed or commented that this isn’t Trumps Doctor:”
https://cdck-file-uploads-global.s3.dualstack.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/boingboing/optimized/3X/4/6/463d0b7257549101364f75f6302bf31f56b1e34b_1_690x459.jpg

“This is:”

8 Likes

Usually around the L2/L3 area. /backpainsnark

6 Likes

At least he drinks Diet Coke:

I have never seen a thin person drinking Diet Coke.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 14, 2012
9 Likes

“My net worth weight fluctuates, and it goes up and down with the markets and with attitudes and with feelings, even my own feelings.”

7 Likes

I first read that as “bald president”.

If by no one noticed you mean lots of people noticed but didn’t think it worth mentioning. I noticed.

1 Like

At this point, I think Lex Luthor would make a better president than Trump, though maybe not the Superman II Lex Luthor…