Trump on Cruz: "Pussy"

No, but when it’s used to describe an individual, it general is meant to be understood as insulting, because what could possible be worse than to be something that god made to be pounded by other men. Nothing wrong with vaginas and loving vaginas… there is something wrong when the term is used to disparage others, because being a woman is not a good thing to be…

So feel free to use it. No one is stopping you. Just remember that some people find being compared to being a woman is insulting.

14 Likes

I have no idea, which is why I said “if” (though the words you wrote sure are more common from privileged people).

It just feels like people are walking in mountains of garbage and worrying about the bottle tops. Like people who hate others smoking outdoors in a city full of pollution.

Ah ha, a middle-class heterosexual white guy who’s bitter about being sent outside to smoke! :wink:

I really do get bored by people who say that a problem shouldn’t be addressed because bigger problems should be addressed instead. Dude, the mountains of garbage ARE being addressed, but until the massive amount of work to get rid of them has been done, litter is a problem that also needs to be addressed.

4 Likes

If you want to play semantics, I made no assertion about you, I asked you a question.

I don’t see any fact twisting here, Rob accurately reported, in context, what Trump said.

2 Likes

More and more like him every day

7 Likes

I’d agree with you if the context was thus, but it’s not. ‘Pussy’ has more than one meaning, and with the way language evolves it’s going to morph further.
I do use the term. Often. But gender is far from my mind when I do, as I’d assume is the same with others. Often.
Considering that this was a woman who shouted the slur, I’d be surprised if she thought of it in the way you just described it.

1 Like

Yes, because women are never sexist.

8 Likes

Wrong again I’m afraid. On most counts.

1 Like

That must have been an awful episode to shoot for the extras on the show. Between the eye makeup, wigs and constant threat of wardrobe malfunction.

Oh, you’re right absolutely. But when ‘pussy’ has several meanings, why do we always assume the gender-slur variant?

1 Like

Here, before the Revolution, you were handicapped in official discourse if you were of bourgeois pedigree. Conversely if you were from a labourer/peasant background you had a “cadre advantage”.

Looks like the history repeats, with slightly different assignments to what is “good” and what is “bad”.

3 Likes

“We” don’t. But if you can’t see the sexism (the assumption that weakness is a feminine quality to be eschewed by “real” men) in what Trump heard and then rather gleefully repeated, you’re blinding yourself.

5 Likes

See, there’s three kinds of people: dicks, pussies, and assholes. Pussies think everyone can get along, and dicks just want to fuck all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your assholes, Chuck. And all the assholes want us to shit all over everything! So, pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes, Chuck. And if they didn’t fuck the assholes, you know what you’d get? You’d get your dick and your pussy all covered in shit!

:wink:

3 Likes

Okay - how about you define how it’s being used here? What, precisely, is it referencing, if not the demeaning status of a woman’s genitals and a particular lack of masculinity? Would you say the same about f*g?

8 Likes

The bright side of such derogatory use of the word ‘pussy’ is that these days it serves as a reliable marker of someone who is either an unimaginative cur or an unwitting individual raised in a misogynistic culture/environment.

The outspoken woman at the Trump rally is a great example of the latter.

7 Likes

If not a heaping pile of self-loathing.

9 Likes

At least they wrapped up shooting after a couple of days or so. The guy in charge of Trump’s makeup has to follow the campaign bus around with a tanker truck full of Orange #3.

8 Likes

Yeah - I’d be surprised if the use of ‘pussy’ to mean ‘wimp’ didn’t come from a reference to female genitalia. I very much doubt it’s about cats.

6 Likes

I think they call that size truck, “The Sooki”

That sounds like a self-blinding assumption in itself. I’m sure Trump sees things like that. He’s free to use his variant. I’m not so sure his supporter had the same notion in mind though.[quote=“Mindysan33, post:53, topic:73458”]
Okay - how about you define how it’s being used here? What, precisely, is it referencing
[/quote]
She’s calling him a wimp. No more, no less.

‘Fag’ is an extremely common term for a cigarette in the UK. I’ve seen Americans shock-jawed when someone has offered them a fag. As a slur it seems it was really popular in the 80s, not so much now. Yeah, it happens, but the kids nowadays have different slurs to sling.

Yeah, exactly… cats are kind of bad ass, actually. Rarely do you get a wimpy cat, actually. But I’m seriously straining to think of any other connotations when it’s not about references to lady parts, other than kitties.

4 Likes