Trump on racists being inspired by his tweets: 'It doesn't concern me because many people agree with me'

Not sure if ‘like’ is the button I should push for that, but I agree. While being mildly horrified all the same.

16 Likes

Trump

6 Likes

Izzard__The%203%20Rules%20of%20Fascism_question

Izzard__The%203%20Rules%20of%20Fascism_answer

49 Likes

There’s also no cake, just death.

18 Likes

Wait, are you saying the cake is a lie?

10 Likes

In this case, absolutely.

8 Likes

He’s not wrong. Many people fucking agree with him. It’s the most truthful thing he’s ever likely to accidentally say.

22 Likes

Like a fish in water, Trump might not even know that he’s swimming in it.

U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, the highest ranking Democrat in Congress, said the president’s comments suggested Trump was advocating white nationalism.

“When @realDonaldTrump tells four American Congresswomen to go back to their countries, he reaffirms his plan to ‘Make America Great Again’ has always been about making America white again,” she said in a tweet.

In response, Trump said Pelosi’s tweet was “very racist … that’s a very racist statement. I’m surprised she’d say that.”

Doug Ford is like that.

14 Likes

Yes you can, you lousy apple eater

3 Likes

the thing that alarms and scares me more and more is not that “many” people apparently agree with him, it’s that they are getting more and more fearless about demonstrating it, and that there are far, FAR more than i thought possible.

28 Likes

Yes. This. It’s mind boggling the way it seems like it’s leeching out of “decent” people, with little to no pushback. It’s scary.

12 Likes

Not sure what it says about me that I’m not surprised at all

7 Likes

well, i’ve always been an unrepentant optimist.

5 Likes

As long as you’re still at least a little disappointed about it, no problem.

6 Likes

“Donald, you ignorant slut.”

10 Likes

This sounds like something he learned in high school-- it’s more important to be popular than good/honest/moral/etc.

I keep thinking that will happen, but now I’m wondering if we’re wrong. Seems like the function of conservative media is to find ways to keep everyone in line, provide excuses and explanations and loopholes. “Oh sure, the KKK likes Trump, but they like drinking Coca Cola too, I’m not going to stop drinking Coke just because those guys drink it.”

15 Likes

There are no moderate Republicans left.

Anyone who might have once fit that description has either left the party in disgust or has hardened their views in order to rationalize their ongoing support of a monstrous agenda.

21 Likes

On the ground I meet moderates. Something I hear from them about various things is, “I did not know that”, or “I did not hear about that”.

I have a suspicion that right-biased news sources since 2016 have started to opt more and more for not reporting a story instead of trying to spin it.

9 Likes

But… what about Joe Biden?

/s

28 Likes

To all republcants everywhere -

20 Likes