Trump on racists being inspired by his tweets: 'It doesn't concern me because many people agree with me'

Mitt was a bullying gay basher in high school.

He has a gosh shucks veneer of niceness, but he’s a heartless thug underneath.

16 Likes

Apparently a typo, but accurate

13 Likes

Are they still Republicans after they learn those things? If so I have a hard time thinking of them as moderates.

8 Likes

Usually they don’t believe that bad things happen in the world

5 Likes

What the flying frak does the highest stock market in history have anything to do with you being a racist jack-hole?

16 Likes

I need to follow up. These are people I do not see often. The impression I get is that they are open to that view of events but want to look it up themselves.

3 Likes

And of course when her speech on the alt right, rising white supremecy, and their connections to Trump was a violation of norms because candidates shouldn’t “attack voters”.

Charlottesville and multiple ideologically driven mass shootings later the media are still in “wut is incels pls?” Mode.

Yeah but those “many people” are the inspired racists that he’s being asked about. He may not realize it but he’s basically acknowledged that he’s just fine with the racism, so long as the racists support him.

8 Likes

This coming from a guy who is insecure about being pale as a ghost so he deals with it by dying his skin neon orange. This sort of behavior is far from unexpected from him.

6 Likes

Why would anyone not want to be White!? It’s AWESOME!

Big fuckin’ /S

8 Likes

To be fair, there ARE ‘many’ bigots and racists.

5 Likes

Correct. And still, I contend it is the most honest statement to ever pass through his lips. The truth isn’t always pretty, but it’s normally a stranger to that man.

9 Likes

Where’s the lie? A LOT of Americans are racist, just like him.

2 Likes

I want that T-shirt with Trump in flames and the following words below:

Do not even cross the road to do this.

5 Likes

Surely someone** could 'shoop a uniform onto him in that photo
** Hmm - who’s the resident 'shooper, here?

1 Like

The problem with pissing on Trump is that he’s rumored to be into that sort of thing.

18 Likes

No, it’s not over. There’s an article in Politico titled, “How a Democrat Can Win Over a Never-Trumper: And if you don’t think you need us, you should think twice.” It’s basically saying, “Yeah, we don’t like Trump, we really like business as usual. But if you (Democrats) keep pushing a green / progressive agenda, well, we can live with for Trump another 4 four years.”

This snippet says a lot about the mindset:
As a lifelong conservative, I think your policy ideas are ill-advised. But this cycle, other Trump-disgusted Republicans and I can contemplate voting Democrat. We could do so not because we’ve become progressives, but because we think it’s in the long-term interests of conservatism and the country to be rid of Trump.

And the money shot:
If he gains a second term, conservatism may well be irredeemably tarnished.

Conservatives will keep on voting conservative, and, the mindset – in plain English – is clearly, “It’s too bad that all the white supremacists and Nazis are making us look bad, but… you know, they’re voting Republican, soooo…”

13 Likes

Someone should put those two pictures up somewhere prominent and several stories high.

2 Likes

21 Likes

Is that “No Shit” Sherlock?

20 Likes

“Late-Stage Capitalism”, too, in this case.

8 Likes