Trump ordered to pay million-dollar fine for filing frivolous Hillary Clinton lawsuit

Originally published at: Trump ordered to pay million-dollar fine for filing frivolous Hillary Clinton lawsuit | Boing Boing

17 Likes

Please, sir, may I have some more consequences for Trump?

50 Likes

My prediction: Trump makes things worse for himself by fighting this ruling because Middlebrooks was nominated to the Federal Judiciary by Bill Clinton and was therefore incapable of impartiality.

37 Likes

Please, sir, can I have some more; a whole lot more?

25 Likes

Would anyone like to guess exactly how much will be paid?

21 Likes

good for the judge. but i won’t hold my breath waiting for the check to clear.

26 Likes

Note that TFG and his lawyer are on the hook for this. Because Cheeto Benito is a deadbeat, the court will wind up taking it out of the lawyer.

23 Likes

“A judge called me sophisticated and prolific – a very smart judge. People are saying I’m a mastermind, perhaps the greatest mastermind. A sophisticated mastermind. That’s what they’re saying about me.”

32 Likes

My prediction: Trump launches another grift fund-raising venture off the back of this, begging his followers to contribute to his ‘legal defense costs’ now that he is being once again ILLEGALLY TARGETED BY THE DEEP STATE.

Bonus prediction: He will raise the money, keep it, refuse to pay the fine, and try to take the amount of the fine off his taxes somehow.

Edited to add: “… and sue the judge.”

40 Likes

Apparently the Magat-in-Chief also immediately dropped his similar lawsuit against Letitia James right after this ruling came down.

The drip, drip, drip is turning into a river of trouble…finally.

17 Likes

Anything that serves to discourage lawyers from working for Trump is okay in my book.

16 Likes

So long as he gets a minimum of a Public Defender at the eventual criminal trial. If he eventually gets off on a mistrial because he keeps scaring away PDs, I’d be so pissed.

Though I’m bracing myself for no criminal charges being brought. :frowning:

4 Likes

That was beautiful. I even heard the voice of HWSNBN in your words. Masterfully done.

6 Likes

Not disagreeing. If you lie down with dogs, you get fleas.

3 Likes

does anyone know why this is such a strange amount?
not the size of it, but that is not rounded to something?

2 Likes

9 Likes

8 Likes

It has probably been pointed out before, but note the incredible abuse of the legal process in Plaintiff in Chief: A Portrait of Trump in 3,500 Lawsuits.

I also appreciate the coining of the phrase, “truth decay” in referring to TFG.

James D. Zirin: I think he enjoys lying. I think it’s part of his DNA. I don’t think he has any grasp of the facts at all, so he says whatever he thinks will help him and whatever comes into his head.

It is expedient, I suppose, to lie in litigation if you crossed an intersection through a red light. You can lie and say it was a green light and that changes the legal outcome of your case. And that’s the way Trump operates.

6 Likes

She’ll probably have to get a judgment and then have the sheriff padlock Trump Tower and schedule it for sale to satisfy the judgement.

10 Likes

I sure hope dropping a frivolous lawsuit doesn’t mean you can’t be found guilty of filing a frivolous lawsuit.

5 Likes