Trump praises self for 'bringing back’ 5,000 Sprint jobs to U.S., says Softbank's Son assisted

It was an episode of Thriller.

This was one of the well-done creepy episodes.

2 Likes

Right? It’s economic nationalism. It ignores the fact that the jobs that need to “come back” won’t. The service sector will continue to grow and those jobs will need to provide a living to people. We can also push for new industries to flourish that will also provide good, solid wage jobs. But once jobs go, they are gone forever, whether that’s through run away factory, off shoring, or general changes to the economy.

Honestly, we’ve learned nothing from a couple of hundred years of living under capitalism. It can be a volatile system, which we know from history. It will be wise to make the transitions less damaging to people more subject to it.

13 Likes

Eh, well, yes and no. I mean if you need 5000 call center people, you only need 5000. So it is either in the US or some where else. They don’t 5000 there and 5000 here. Though I guess you could have 2500 there and 2500 here, but depending on what you are doing that isn’t practical.

When it comes to call centers I know some places have the first calls over seas, and then if the issue escalates it comes to the US.

ETA - what is going to be awesome is every times someone farts and it doesn’t stink, Trump will be invoked. Though really we have been blaming and praising the president for many things he has little to no direct control over for decades. So when you create this illusion you have no one blame when you have someone good at manipulating this.

1 Like

Call center jobs are not going to replace good, solid jobs that create enough wealth for people to live on, buy a house with, send their kids to college with, not here in the US. Job creation itself doesn’t have to be moving a set number of jobs around, but can include creating new places of employment, investing in new sectors of the economy, or figuring out ways to help people start businesses of their own, which might one day provide jobs in the local community.

That’s what I meant. Sorry if I was unclear.

And sorry I single handed creating the monster that is trump. :wink:

12 Likes

If that were true, I’d be like:

5 Likes

Trump makes great LIES. Awesome LIES. The world has never seen these great LIES.

8 Likes

Any word yet on when he’ll start to manufacture his drek in the US instead of overseas?

8 Likes

That pic is sure to be one of Trump’s faves, he looks fantastic.

2 Likes

8000 jobs down. 10 million to go.

15 Likes

So the overseas folk who lose their call center jobs will go to programming jobs that pay more and cut into the high paying jobs in the US.

6 Likes

Trump will reduce the military budget by buying tanks and aircraft from China. --And by hiring Russian hackers to handle our foreign intelligence needs.

7 Likes

Call centers are shit jobs. Shoveling shit gives more job satisfaction. Not to mention they always con the local governments into footing the bill for the salaries before fucking off to the next gullible town after pillaging the coffers.

And the worst cellphone service I ever had was Softbank. Never should have trusted that otosan dog…

11 Likes

And since i was there looking for the above, i picked this up too, although i haen’t checked it out:

These are just numbers; they’ll get lost in the sea of other numbers drumpf will throw at the populace…and why would he stop lying now, anyways?

Most call center “jobs” are really part time, on either a contract or ongoing temp basis.

3 Likes

Sounds like this is more Trumplogic.

6 Likes

Could it be possible that this type of press release is being done so that Trump sends the message that if you play ball with me and bring back the jobs you “stole”, I will publicize your Company personally. That way other companies will see that they will also get that kind of attention if it’s even 100 jobs. As well as sending a message of reinforcement that he is making America better according to his demographic. I bet he is going to make a giant jobs thermometer that goes all the way up to ten million, and that all the companies that put in will be listed on the thermometer. And he’ll probably install a giant LED version at the White House. Of course I could be completely wrong.

1 Like

Why even do anything? Just say you did and your idiot fans will lap it up.

3 Likes

Now you understand Trump’s strategy!

He’s been falling all over himself to take credit for anything good (or even just looks good) that’s happened since he’s been elected. Of course he has nothing to do with any of them - how could he? Not that he’ll have anything to do with anything good that happens when he actually is president, I suspect.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Expect to see a lot more of this. What we’ve seen in New Zealand is that an administration concerned only with its own popularity can do pretty well for itself by pushing anecdotes and photo-ops like this one, while shrugging off empirical, statistical evidence of decline as slander and propaganda. It doesn’t matter if the quantity and quality of employment opportunities in America continue to go downhill overall, as long as Trump can keep tying himself to any positive stories he can find.

It seems to work pretty well. I hate to say it but if Trump is willing to play this game for the next four years I think he’ll get a second term out of it, if he wants.

3 Likes