Trump ranting on Twitter that he didn't pay hookers to piss on his bed

Yes, I can imagine a headline like “hookers pissing on…” sells more copies and generates more clicks and thus people are focusing on that.

And I’m really not a fan of Trump. But I can reassure people like generic_name that “I’m NOT with you guys!” if “you guys” means people focusing mostly on the part with the hookers.

But believe it or not, I really am a fan of Bernie Sanders, actually. Mostly because I was deeply impressed how he rejected to be a part of the old “Lets throw dirt and see what sticks” game that seems to be mandatory when it comes to elections.

I also understand that I’m in a somewhat privileged position, being a native german citizen living in Germany and thus being kinda “out of the way”, it’s propably easier to keep calm.

And - lastly - for the real scandal here, IF it’s true - the role of the russians, or at least the suspected role of the russians: “The russians did it” is the new “Dog ate my homework”. I understand people would prefer to be the victim of sinister powers instead of their own fuck-ups, but I honestly think that you’re now stuck with Trump not because the evil reds did it, but because the DNC wanted to force Hillary down everyones throat.

Also, I wouldn’t believe the CIA/FBI/NSA anything, anymore right away, even if it was that water is wet, the night dark and their feet smelly.

1 Like

If the allegations of Russian blackmail are true then that is a FAR more concerning angle for the American people than fetishes or infidelity.

12 Likes

This. I really don’t care how dear ol’ Donnie gets his freak on. (In fact, I’m desperately trying to avoid thinking about it in any detail.) If this is true, it means Trump let himself be manipulated into a position where a foreign power was able to obtain compromising material to blackmail him once he became the leader of our country (if not before then as well.) Such a man cannot be sworn into the office of President and given authority over our lives. Period.

18 Likes

Maybe he was upset that he wasn’t invited.

1 Like

Not-so-good Russian hotel-room cleaner day.

10 Likes

really puts “press conference” in its proper perspective.

2 Likes

In the interests of global security, please just close down Twitter.

3 Likes

Clearly you were not, sufficiently to emulate. Please find some other legs to piss on.

2 Likes

I recommend you all watch Wag The Dog

And don’t travel to Albania

1 Like

This is Paul Wood’s piece for the BBC.

And a few interesting details:

The retired MI6 man who compiled the original report is in hiding.

The BBC is incredibly cautious in its reporting, you could say cowardly and meek. For the BBC to say there are tapes is a pretty big deal.

The last time the BBC reported something similarly controversial involving Foreign Intelligence it was on the sexed up WMD report on Iraq. The reporter in question Andrew Gilligan lost his job / reputation. The source of the information David Kelly lost his life, under dubious circumstances. The Hutton Inquiry decided to classify the post-mortem report for 70 years so we won’t have details in our life time. It was declared a suicide.

All this to say that for a BBC Reporter to come out with such a report, in essence corroborating Buzz Feed’s assessment of the significance and veracity of the document, there must be some serious stuff going on in the background.

Some people have clearly decided that whatever Russia has on tRump is so dangerous that they are willing to risk their lives and livelihoods for it. People don’t do this kind of stuff lightly, especially not at times when a CNN journalist gets shouted down and is threatened to be thrown out by the next-president and friends for wanting to ask a question at a press conference. Oh the audacity.

12 Likes

“rUSsiA, it is intercapitalized.” :wink:

3 Likes

The BBC is incredibly cautious in its reporting, you could say cowardly and meek. For the BBC to say there are tapes is a pretty big deal.

Except for when they are lying about Jeremy Corby. Laura Kuenssberg has been known to be incredibly cavalier with the truth.

Some people have clearly decided that whatever Russia has on tRump is so dangerous that they are willing to risk their lives and livelihoods for it. People don’t do this kind of stuff lightly, especially not at times when a CNN journalist gets shouted down and is threatened to be thrown out by the next-president and friends for wanting to ask a question at a press conference. Oh the audacity.

I think he was “pissed” by them running the story about him . I’m not entirely surprised by him not choosing to “favor” them with answers.

However given his “grab them by the pussy” approach to life, I really can’t say I’m shocked to hear of hookers in his hotel room. The urine is a surprise. The video is not a surprise. So I’m not sure how easily blackmailed “the shameless” one will be.

I imagine president Trump will apologise but tell Americans that he got great value for money, and he didn’t even pay for the bed linen. “I use the best hookers”.

1 Like

There was Nick Robinson dodgy reporting of the Scottish Referendum too.

Those flames have been burning hot for months.

Don’s pure asbestos

1 Like

U.S.S.A.  

6 Likes

Wouldn’t you say Trump’s behavior was perfectly consistent with somebody who knows they have the goods on him?

The incoherent and unbelievable denials make no sense otherwise unless he’s literally in love with Putin.

Enormous debt, persona non grata at American banks, he’s needy and vulnerable (and so full of pride that he’s an easy mark) the Russian see an opportunity

5 Likes

It really held the room together!

3 Likes

Guys (assuming you’re guys). I am not carrying the flag here for the BBC , merely pointing out that for the BBC to report something against the interest of the powers that be (and trump is now the power that be, with or without Putin pulling the string) is highly unusual…

The BBC doesn’t tend to report against people in power, like never. If Trump does become President than this BBC report is likely to make him ill disposed towards the BBC. And as the CNN Acosta episode demonstrates that is not a pretty place to be. So something big is going on. I can’t even remember when I last saw such a well researched, long and detailed report on the BBC website.

All I am saying is, there must be something enormous (Watergate size) in the background for this to surface to the foreground.

Sorry, but JC and Scotland are small fries in comparison…

12 Likes

I’m going to call it, “Pissgate”.

1 Like

Not “goldengate”?

9 Likes