Trump refuses to explain how he'll handle business conflicts of interest as President until he's sworn in

I’ll give you the “drain the swamp” BS. But he made a contract with contractors and refused to pay them. And he called those women liars knowing full well that he did the things he was accused of. He has also repeatedly denied doing things everyone knows he he did. That’s all willful dishonesty.

11 Likes
28 Likes

Melania will have that press conference providing her employment history in just a few weeks.

I’ll release my taxe returns very soon.

The divestment plan is almost ready.

He’s President “the check is in the mail”

16 Likes

While i agree that that’s their plan, i’m not sure how well it’ll work out for them (or, of course, for the rest of us). He’s got an insatiable appetite for attention, an ego 100 times the size of his alleged fortune, and a large following, largely new to voting/the party. I foresee chaos when the GOP once again tries to chain the beast.

9 Likes

I’ve always found this particular issue to be pointless; who really cares if he stays executive producer on a show? Executive producer is one of the most vague job titles in existence. He can basically be EP on the show because he funds it/co-owns it/etc. without doing any work on it - and I’d bet that’s exactly what he’s doing here. It’s probably the one thing he can stay invested in, and earn an extra paycheck off of, without having any conflict of interest with the Presidency (unless there’s some “no more shitty reality shows” law that comes across his desk looking for a veto).

Really, with everything that’s actually wrong with pretty much everything else he’s doing, I think we can let this one utterly inconsequential issue go.

3 Likes

Don’t blame me, I voted for President Camacho.

11 Likes

Right after he reveals his secret ISIS plan! Can’t wait!

4 Likes

Doesn’t the article say specifically ‘before he’s sworn in’ but the title says ‘after he’s sworn in’? Not that I expect he’ll do either.

Not mutually exclusive. The Drumpf is well documented at self contradiction. He may have said “before” yesterday, but it’s nearly equally likely he says after now.

He’s the worst kind of liar. A demigogue that the violently delusional love and protect.

4 Likes

You know, I love this site, I love that you are anti-Trump, I really do…

… but bloody hell can you stop with the eye mouth thing? I get it, I get it, but god damn that stuff creeps the hell out of me.

Sorry, really, keep doing what you do… but if it is with less nightmarish photos you would really make me happier. Well, not really cause you would still be reporting on this shit avalanche, but anyway…

Since he legally doesn’t have to avoid conflicts of interest, I’m guessing he’ll make no attempts at avoiding conflicts of interest. His net worth will increase exponentially while he’s in office.

2 Likes

Because “we” are being facetious. Because “we” know that he will never release his taxes, regardless of the electorate’s wishes. Because “we” know that the Congress won’t do anything about it, either, because they’re spineless sycophants who would bow to any white male authoritarian.

5 Likes

Well, if you consider NBC to be at least in part a news organization, his having a financial relationship with them might be a teensy issue.

7 Likes

Saw that, too. Well said.

2 Likes

He oversees the FCC. He’s a millionaire. WHY THE FUCK DOES HE NEED EP CREDITS ON A TV SHOW FOR ANY REASON OTHER THAN HIS OWN GREED??!?

trump questioned Obama’s birthplace, his very ‘American-ness’, as well as talking shit about any number of Americans (!). His entire fucken life has been one long (disgusting, rapey, greedy, bigoted) “gimme”. I don’t give a fuck if he asks for it or not–he gets no quarter from me.

Yes, he does. From: The Economist

Article I, Section 9, Clause 8 of the constitution states that no American officeholder shall, “without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state.” The clause is no weird historical quirk. Gordon Wood, an American historian, argues that America’s founding fathers were obsessed with the problem of corruption, which they believed had doomed earlier republics. They saw it as an element of aristocratic and monarchical rule, which confused public functions (officeholders) with private personages (nobility). When the king of England granted titles and salaries to loyalists, wrote John Adams, America’s second president, it turned the crown itself into a “private interest”. Preventing such conflicts of interest was vital to the survival of the new state.
10 Likes

You just need this:

10 Likes

I think when he said he would handle his TV producer duties in his “spare time,” that… rankled a bit.

9 Likes

Trump says that waterboarding and worse methods should be used to make people talk - maybe he is volunteering.

3 Likes

Nobody is better than divesting than he is. He is the best at divesting. He knows people, they are the best people, they will do the best divesting the world has ever seen. By the time they are finished divesting, it will be so totally divested, just you wait.

(Won’t be long now, but that hasn’t quite gotten old yet, methinks.)

3 Likes

That’s my theory, as well. I wish more people could see it that way.

3 Likes