Trump renews attack on patriotic family of Muslim American war hero

Oh, of course.

Just imply he’s a wuss who’s afraid of taking on Clinton.

9 Likes

Painting. Isn’t that the usual choice?

6 Likes

Why do no-talent witless fucking cocksplats always seem to choose my field?!?

#WHY???

And in the interest of getting some payback for this indignity:

8 Likes

That doesn’t stop people. Slate did a great story on this subject:

It’s hard to pretend that Trump’s following doesn’t come with a heaping side helping of white supremacy.

14 Likes

Yea, that’s it exactly, isn’t it? He probably loathes most of his supporters, but he wants them to love him (because: malignant narcissism). So every time he says, “I love X” or “X loves me” he always means, “I want X to love me.”

7 Likes

I have decided to put my support behind a dead cat. Any random dead cat. I can’t see voting for either of the main candidates, and Jill Stein seems to be a fruit loop.
I will cast my vote for neither Kang nor Kodos.

3 Likes

Wait! You can do better than just any dead cat. In my youth I wore this every election day, and would still if it hadn’t dissolved in the wash.

16 Likes

I’ve “deleted” my Facebook account as of last week because of this year’s politics and general stupidity. It was just raising my blood pressure.

7 Likes

Speaking as a gay man, a president who has vowed to appoint judges to overturn my right to marry the person I choose, a vice-president who wants to codify my second-class citizen status into law, and a party in power that advocates conversion therapy would be a worst case scenario. I’m sure others could make very similar arguments.

21 Likes

Why, oh why did I read the comments?

6 Likes

Morbid curiosity?

6 Likes

like a car accident: when you pass one, it is impossible not to notice

6 Likes

Probably something like that. I keep telling myself not to, but here I am again.

6 Likes

Profanity fails me in conveying what I think of anyone attacking a Gold Star Family in public. I really want to go “Aristocrats” on him in my description of how repugnant such an act is.

But for the sake of discussion I will try:

Donald, for attacking the family of Capt Khan, the parents of a man who gave his life in service of his country, there is no choice but to call you the lowest piece of weasel fucking, oompa loompa skinned, I have hangnails with more class than you, toxic vermin shit, on the planet.

8 Likes

Will this do?

2 Likes

The risk of that approach is people might think you’re kidding when you’re really responding to Trump treating real peoples’ lives, deaths, and suffering as a joke.

3 Likes

Nice post :thumbsup:

I had two thoughts upon reading that grim article:

1. That it seems clear that the local politicans (including the city council) haven’t done the best of jobs with regards to managing the expectations of their constituents.

2. That if I weren’t otherwise engaged that I’d like to move to Twin Falls & volunteer at the CSI Refugee Center.

Though, through all this, the general dichotomy of Americans who think it OK to bomb the bejesus out of a culture and then have ZERO responsibility for the results is… astounding.

6 Likes

I used to have a shirt with just Bill the Cat, I wore it out.

7 Likes

You just reminded me that I need to go get a Wagner Power Painter. There are a couple places around me that get positively blanketed by political signs - to the point that it turns into one giant surface.

I have plans to hit it at night with large letter stencils & black paint to cover them up and just leave the word “FREEDOM” in their place.

3 Likes

True enough.

I know my fair share of Blue Star and Gold Star families. So on a personal level and just on the basis of being a normal human being, I am in a “turn into the Hulk” level of anger at such an act.

You

Just

Don’t

Do

That

5 Likes