Trump said to Bob Woodward he intentionally downplayed coronavirus threat

My money is on dubai.

It can take all its evil family members along & live on one of those sinking manmade islands. It would be so appropriate.

5 Likes

Soundtrack by J. Hendrix.

4 Likes

Not Saudi Arabia? (Though I guess when the Trump family’s current buddy is no longer in power, it might not be as hospitable a place for them…)

2 Likes

Just like they did to Henry Kissinger, right? Um…

I just can’t see how it would have made a difference. (I feel differently about Bolton’s book coming out after the impeachment trial ended.) Bright side (?): coming out now, it has substantially more chance to affect the election.

4 Likes

It might have helped save some of 190K+ lives that have been lost; there’s no way to know for sure.

11 Likes

Though there would be a certain poetry if the Trumps fled to SA, then MBS gets detained in the US for his involvement in Jamal Khashoggi’s murder, and SA agrees to trade him back for the Trump criminal family.

8 Likes

I was thinking of scenarios more like MBS dies/ gets deposed by a family member, and the subsequent Saudi regime views the Trump family the way MBS sees journalists…

2 Likes

Sure he downplayed it intentionally, to avoid a panic, because a panic would affect the stock market. However downplaying it let contagious citizens in through crowded airports, and gave people an excuse not to do anything at all to slow spread, and fueled the conspiracy theory believers who still think the virus is a hoax, or man made, spread by Bill Gates or the Democrats(sorry, they mean radical liberals)

2 Likes

Priorities!

Unlike, say, mass deaths on a scale the nation hasn’t seen for a century.

7 Likes

Obligatory:

14 Likes

By now MBS has probably made sure that nobody can remove him as crown prince or prevent him succeeding to the throne.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.