Trump said to Bob Woodward he intentionally downplayed coronavirus threat

Certainly much less.

5 Likes

I love how Cardinal Douthat leaves out inconvenient evidence. How very typical of an ultramontane Catholic.

3 Likes

D’oh! I’m an idiot. I read it backwards. You’ve got it correct!

im glad people are talking about the ppe gift to china. it’s not mentioned enough especially given how much the administration claims to hate china. ( does bunkerboy’s campaign still make all of its clothing there? )

it’s maybe too subtle a difference, but i think there’s nothing wrong with pompeo giving the stockpile away. the problem was - and really still is - not ramping up production to replace it.

instead, after pressure, they basically creates a slush fund with money shoveled out the door to literally who knows who, often with no results

not to mention things like this:

they literally just did not, and do not, care that people are dying

7 Likes

Putting Jared Kushner in charge of anything is a recipe for abject failure and blatant corruption. His only positive quality compared to Trump himself is that he doesn’t go around bragging about how successful he has been.

6 Likes

Evil slum lords tend to stay near to the down low.

4 Likes

It already happened. The jury foreman (a guy named McConnell) proposed acquittal on the first ballot without even discussing the evidence. The jury let him off.

12 Likes

There’s always the George W. Bush version:

7 Likes

How bad has it gotten that the Dubya era seems like a happier time…

7 Likes
11 Likes

Thread:

4 Likes

I don’t see how this diminishes anything at all.

Whether or not he knew about it in November is semantics. If he had known about it in November he would have done the same thing. He knew by February 7th that it was a deadly, highly contagious disease.

That’s not a fucking boon to anyone, it’s an admission of guilt. They can spin it however they want, but it is out in the open that he knew, he lied, and almost 200,000 people are dead.

9 Likes

Yeah it’s not like Trump’s explanation for his inaction is “we did the best we could with the information we had at the time.” He’s STILL saying he made the right decision by playing down the risk.

9 Likes

17 Likes

True but in a an actual impartial court… ah forget it, the laws of reality don’t apply here, my mistake !

So predictable:

But of course, the “only” is now 200K :frowning:

5 Likes

Yeah, it’ll be a matter of finding appropriate state laws that were violated, though. They’ve been violating federal laws like crazy.

He’s not “defecting”! He’s just spending “an extended period of time overseeing Trump Towers Moscow”! (I really doubt he’d do it, though. He doesn’t expect to get caught - he’s spent his entire life being insulated from the consequences of his actions, after all.)

3 Likes

None of it matters. The cutoff date fror Nobel nominations was back in February.

8 Likes

Nice; that’s a tiny bit of much needed good news.

(I now know noms after the deadline may end up being in the running for the year after, but there’s no telling what the death toll will be by then.)

5 Likes

I also saw that nominations do not roll over to the next year. Our local news presented the story of its nomination as simple fact, which made me LOL b/c I knew better.

5 Likes