Trump says Hillary Clinton is a 'bigot'

This needs all the likes.

4 Likes

Make sure you come out of there, even if only briefly, to VOTE!

5 Likes

The foreskin of authority

5 Likes

That just further proves his mad copywriting skillz, surely?

3 Likes

Someone else who should be hired to write the StackSocial advertorials, if @popobawa4u is definitely out?

6 Likes

I agree - Heck, I won’t even invite him!

1 Like

1 Like

11 Likes

I didn’t put any points into the Rogue tree because I thought I could take overwhelming knowledge of esoteric minutae as a flaw but the GM wouldn’t let me change it and now I’m stuck with all these awesome bard skills.

Now I can’t rob or kill the trolley (I can feed it but it ties into my social anxiety so I probably won’t) but I can motivate others to rob or kill the trolley.

*rolls for persuasion*

4 Likes

Obviously, I approve of the phrase “Rob the troll” as an imperative.

11 Likes

Word; I’m not even remotely convinced.

5 Likes

Seth Meyers is not the funniest person on late night TV, but he’s got a hell of a video clip here:

3 Likes

A good number of black leader were also in favor of those programs. Unintended consequences do not make one a bigot.

It wasn’t the laws themselves, but the later transformation into racially biased “stop and frisk” policies that resulted in the disproportional incarceration of the black population. Again, a good number of black leaders were originally in favor of these laws. Hard to see how anyone gets “bigot” out of that.

6 Likes

I have no problem with politicians being wrong, because society is now impossibly complex and it is usually very hard to predict the effect of laws.
What I look for is politicians who change their minds based on evidence (rather than public opinion.)

4 Likes

I don’t agree. Why else would one think that the “races” should be separated if there isn’t a belief in supremacy of some kind?

Sure and learning to see those small biases that we might be unaware of is a good thing, yeah? Because if we are aware of it, we can change our behavior. Isn’t that a positive thing?

I see your point about calling someone a racist and how that makes people tune out, but at the same time, where is the limit. If someone starts talking about “those people” at what point is it okay to say “hey, you know, that’s kind of racist thing to say.”?

3 Likes

I try to draw a distinction between describing something someone said as racist and describe a person as racist (or "a racist), and I’d guess that you do as well. Unfortunately that distinction has to be made in the minds of everyone involved for it to mean anything. If I say that Trump said something racist, it would be hard to find Trump supporters who didn’t take that as me labeling him a racist (Paul Ryan excepted, I guess?). Of course labeling Donald Trump as a a full-blown racist-as-a-noun is pretty justifiable.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.