Trump says "no politician in history... has been treated worse" than him

President :snowflake:

15 Likes

He ran of POTUS as the ‘un-politician’ who would fix **everything.* . How? He never gave any specifics, but millions of people voted for him anyway. And now this incompetent boob is driving his support staff insane and is giving some people in his party a distinctly queasy feeling.

9 Likes

a right-leaning family member liked a facebook post by an “anonymous” 74 year old who has never in his life ever seen a President treated with such disdain by people and the media as Mr. Trump… I guess he’s not so anonymous anymore…

6 Likes

What does the average person know about Coolidge?

Not much.

2 Likes

Even setting aside the whole sic semper tyrannis angle, Lincoln had it about as bad it could possibly get. I’d also include both Adams, Tyler, Buchanan, Johnson, Grant, Taft, Harding, Hoover, and Truman as having a pretty rotten time of it (deservedly or not)

7 Likes

(we’ve been collectively talking about this lately)

15 Likes

Lose the word “treated” and it’s an accurate statement.

9 Likes

Bonus points for misusing the word “surety”!

5 Likes

Trump says “no politician in history… has been treated worse” than him

Oh really? That’s cute. I quote:

A mob grew around Gaddafi as he was frog-marched through the sand. While he was being taken towards a group of rebel trucks, one fighter crouched in the dirt behind the frightened captive and sodomised him with a bayonet.

11 Likes

Didn’t Reagan get shot in his first 100 days?

13 Likes

Yes he did. March 30, 1981.

4 Likes
  1. Suck it up, buttercup.

2. Pretty sure it could be much worse.

21 Likes

Well, considering that the average person isn’t currently the president of the United States…

2 Likes

Yep. For Trump what he knows about history == all history. And since what he knows only extends as far as his own ego, this statement is perfectly correct in his mind.

12 Likes

In his mind there’s really only one person in the world. So, history doesn’t go back all that far.

11 Likes

Carter was the most poorly treated.

The orange smurf gets what he deserves. His impeachment seems likely, and that scares me a bunch. Pence is far more scary to me.

14 Likes

And he got that job because he’s, what, famous for owning real estate? On that basis, Trammell Crow ought to have received Kardsashian-level deification decades ago.

5 Likes

Oh, boo-fucking-hoo.

Insert the world’s smallest violin gif, here ___.

9 Likes

10 Likes

(I can’t find a clip of it online, but we need one from the old Python sketch in which Eric Idle’s character uses a bicycle pump to make more tears run out.)

9 Likes