Trump says U.S. grocery stores are out of bread

What he’s really trying to tell us is that he kneads the dough.

21 Likes

He said something like, “You order furniture and they say it’s going to take months. It used to be same day service.”

Unless you are buying a floor model or stuff at IKEA or walmart, furniture usually took months to be delivered. It may take longer, but never “same day” service for most things.

The supply chain issue is just the greater economy trying to ramp up renewed demand. It will largely work itself out.

14 Likes

Does this mean I won’t need to take my ID with me when I buy groceries anymore?

The irony is, of course, that bread was missing from shelves for a while when he was president. Projection, yet again. Though I assume this is also somehow a reference to the disruption of wheat exports from Ukraine/Russia, which triggered Wall Street greed heads into increasing wheat prices - for no reason. There’s not a global shortage, the US doesn’t import wheat from those countries, the only real-world impact is that some countries that do import from Ukraine/Russia have had to switch suppliers. That is quite serious - for those countries - as a disruption of grain imports for a few weeks is enough to cause starvation. Trump presumably took the reality (which he didn’t understand) and warped it into his fantasy, as per usual.

That reality contradicts his pronouncements doesn’t reflect badly on him with his base, though. They just alter reality to fit, and at this point he knows it.

The Republicans literally blamed Obama, Biden and even Hillary for decisions Trump made, when they turned out badly. (And gave Trump credit for things that happened before he took office.) It’s completely irrational - if they can’t acknowledge the things Trump did when he was in office, they won’t acknowledge the impacts his actions had afterwards, even (especially) if they’re true.

A) He’s mentally stuck in the '70s and '80s - when vendors had stock in warehouses and weren’t so reliant on “just in time” shipping to fulfill orders, and B) These days I could see sellers delaying shipping anything to Trump until after the payment cleared, just because of his history of refusing to pay for things once he received them.

24 Likes

He sounds like a demented and incoherent Seinfeld. “I open the box, no grapes, no nuts!”

11 Likes

tRump was in a grocery store?!

7 Likes

Trump says…

23 Likes

The president of the United States “never heard the term” “Supply Chain”?

8 Likes

Everywhere he goes people should refuse to serve him bread. Even McDonald’s

“Those other people with hamburger buns. Oh they ordered months ago”

9 Likes

And hamberders!

5 Likes

36 Likes

And, among other things, what was out of supply during the pandemic: flour to make bread!

12 Likes

He used to get celebrity service, (when you’re a star you can…) but now they know he never pays for anything, so they wait nine months for the check to clear.

7 Likes

I assume his statement will be broadcast all over Russian state media. I wonder if they had a hand in getting him to say it.

16 Likes

Purchased yesterday. Albertson’s, Baseline Road, Aloha, Oregon.

30 Likes

I have not been able to get my preferred Brownberry “Double Fiber” in quite a while but since I’m not a Republican, I don’t equate a single personal-experience data point as representation of the whole set. I also simply select a loaf from one of the literally hundreds of other options available. Are there select items missing from my local grocery stores’ shelves? Oh, absolutely. If you look carefully, you absolutely can find gaps in the product lines, but being unable to find “Heinz Homestyle Mushroom Gravy” is quite a bit short of there being a generalized food shortage.

Although I guess if you’ve never gone hungry then missing a meal, or even a single item off of your plate, can certainly feel like starvation rationing.

21 Likes

Trumpist: “Hey, Karen! I’m half finished eating this sandwich you made! Apparently, the bread is not bread! Nnnnoooooooooo!!”

5 Likes

And not just POTUS, but a supposed businessman.

9 Likes

Yep.

I worked for a company that demanded NET30 payment terms from everyone that supplied them, and paid the bill on day 29. And then wondered why we had a hell of a time finding suppliers that would do business with us…

19 Likes

and put shredded, melted cheddar on the top slice for added effect…

4 Likes

Is he saying that the ‘tremendous’, ‘best in the world’, ‘so - so beautiful’ furniture in Trump buildings is available same-day?

5 Likes