Trump: 'We’re getting your husbands back to work'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/27/trump-were-getting-your-husbands-back-to-work.html

11 Likes

Next he’s gonna complain about teens wearing baggy pants, the neighbor’s lawn mower being too loud, the warning he’s sees on streaming services that remind him that Charlie Chan movies reflect an really outdated view on race and seeing black Santa Clauses.

28 Likes

But if my husband goes to work, who is going to look after these children?

56 Likes

Do multiple tweets saying the same thing make it more true?

6 Likes

Followed by boasts about how he’s bringing back good old fashioned lightbulbs and real American water pressure that gives you a proper flush.

14 Likes

No, you’re wrong on that one. HE’S the neighbor out at 7am on Saturday mowing in the summer and blowing in the fall. Jerks.

6 Likes

In the coal mines?

18 Likes

No vaccine for you!

9 Likes

And the steelworks. He’s bringing the jawbs back home, not like the Dems who gave everything to China and you know they’ve been very unfair to us, very mean, and now they gave us the China Virus and…

10 Likes

Why are they out of work in the first place?

23 Likes

And next we’re getting Guiding Light back on the air. And General Hospital. And One Life to Liiiiiive!!!

10 Likes

Because they don’t have a verified video yet, the multiple sources for live tweets from the events help build consensus that he actually said what was claimed.

13 Likes

Yes, that is how tweets work.

1 Like

And when all those husbands return from work, we’ll expect all you wives to be carrying a cold beer, coiffed, made up, wearing a dress and heels. And no underwear.

12 Likes

… so then you’ll have enough time to whip up a lovely green bean casserole, a fat juicy pot roast, and some ambrosia salad for your hardworking man to enjoy when he gets home and smokes his pipe in the living room wearing a smoking jacket and comfortable slippers while you prattle on about some neighborhood gossip…

ugh… so sick of this orange anus

17 Likes

26 Likes

Oh, I was hoping that someone would mention

13 Likes

To be fair, I have a really “wanting to keep up with the white Joneses” 100% Japanese aunt that used to make that horrendous shit.

I would not be surprised if she got it out of a recipe book that also had “Frankfurter slices in Aspic”…
The 50’s and 60’s were really a lawless culinary world for middle america.

23 Likes

1/2 Cup Delusions about the health benefits of refined sugar
2/3 Cup Industrial by-products masquerading as food
1/4 Cup Historical mythologizing masquerading as Christianity

Blend on high until stiff white peaks of Mutually Assured Destruction is achieved. Garnish with pimiento-stuffed olives.

27 Likes

For the most part, they are not. The skilled trades labor market (a good chunk of employment for men in Michigan) is very tight. Maybe he was talking about sending male office drones back to their offices? Whatever.

5 Likes