Trump says U.S. grocery stores are out of bread

Well, at least they paid on the 29th day. We have several customers who demand terms but they pay whenever they want. One VERY well-known customer would pay around 45 days and still take a 2% discount. We have another long time customer who refuse to acknowledge that we’ve changed their Net 60 terms to Net 30. And this customer ALWAYS mail their check to the wrong location.

We’re in the process of cutting off customers until their accounts are up-to-date.

15 Likes

The word salads are ramping up again. Ya’ll know what that means.

10 Likes

But does she like rubles?

11 Likes

The only bread shortage I think he’d actually be in a position to notice would be if Mar-a-Lago was out of hamburger buns.

11 Likes

…that slides off the top in a stiff breeze…

5 Likes

Looks staged.

6 Likes

“We’re like a third world country,” he says. And for once he’s not wrong. But not for the things he mentions.
Can we talk health care? Child care? Poverty rates? To name but a few…
And FTR, there’s plenty of bread in Maine. :woman_shrugging:t2:

21 Likes

The sad thing is, here in Germany the supermarket shelves are getting pretty bare in the flour and oil sections. Enough that supermarkets are rationing how much you can buy. It’s not that there’s a supply shortage, it’s all the crazies buying up flour and oil in case there is a shortage. Unbelievable. The last time I saw anything like this was…oh yeah, about 2 years ago. What’s happened to our world?

23 Likes

So Tucker Carlson’s spot as the favorite video mouthpiece on Russian TV is about to be supplanted by the former president of the United States.
:man_facepalming:

11 Likes

time to break out the russian dressing?

12 Likes

Animated GIF

7 Likes

What, no mention of “our cities are burning?” I’m very let down by this omission.

6 Likes

The cities aren’t burning because people can’t aford the cost of the gas! Shame!

15 Likes

You may have just created a stampede of stupid to Aloha.

8 Likes

What’s next anointed one, fishes?

3 Likes

I just went to the grocery store to buy some kiwi fruit* and decided to check out the bread situation for myself. Yep, Trump lied again.

*Did you know that kiwi has more vitamin C than an orange, more potassium than a banana and more fiber than a serving of the leading fiber cereal?

17 Likes

I imagine not. The rattlecan coat of gold paint needs time to dry

11 Likes

johnny-carson-did-not-know-that

11 Likes

The problem in my recent experience is not a lack of bread but rather the price of it – along with a lot of other goods & services.

5 Likes

That Sara Lee on the top shelf? I used to get it for 75 cents a loaf at the bakery outlet, but they closed during the pandemic and never reopened. I see the regular price there is 3.99 now. On sale at half-price, I would buy all of it, because it freezes well.

5 Likes