Trump solemnly recalls the 7-11 attacks

And every time I think, “…yeah, but Americans will use their brains when voting, and they’ll obviously dump Trump from the get-go…”, I see something like this:

tl;dr, Americans are yuugely confused about the next state they want to join the union.

“I was down there, and I watched our police and our firemen, down on 7-Eleven, down at the World Trade Center, right after it came down…”

Never mind the 7-11 gaffe, is there any evidence that Drumpf was anywhere near Ground Zero right after the event? Scurrying in the other direction seems more his style. Maybe he had his driver cruise by on 7/11/2002.

edit: Well, seems he lied about everything. And collected $150,000 for losses as a small business owner.

2 Likes

Well, until he got banned again. Just now.

2 Likes

Dammit.

2 Likes

What? Where and why?

1 Like

Here:
(The why is obvious).

That day will live in infamy.

2 Likes

When @jlw welcomed him back, he said “fuck you, delete my account”, so he got a 21 day ban. It was over in the Samantha Bee thread:

I was kind of like this over the whole thing…

(sharked by @nimelennar!)

1 Like

Doh. One really can’t let their sacred cows get the best of them.

Really, these “person off the street” interviews shouldn’t show how stupid supporters of/for X or Y are, but how stupid people in general are.

As a non-American, my only available response to the fuckery is the mockery, but I see plenty of Americans using satire as an effective tactic, along with all the other tools at their disposal.

BB is my go-to site for kale recipes, banana jokes, apostrophe workarounds, and civil political discussions. You give me confidence that Americans will do the right thing. You might want to dial back the kale hate, though.

8 Likes

My stupid plan is to stop helping the media direct all humanity’s attention at him, and use all my puny powers to direct attention to better alternatives. I am personally a Jill Stein supporter, but I will help amplify anyone who is talking positively about Bernie Sanders.

Seriously, whoever gets the most advertising is most likely to win, and right now one person is getting more than ten times the advertising per dollar spent. Because people are talking about that one person to the exclusion of talk about where we really need to go next.

To combat that, send money to your candidate (or better yet mine) and stop buying papers or listening to newscasts or shows that even mention the candidate that you abhor. And instead of telling your co-workers what that idiot said today, regale them with Jill Stein’s plan to abolish corporate personhood, institute public campaign financing, and break up the big banks. Instead of creating voters for the person you don’t like, create voters for the one you do like.

Personally I agree with Randy Pausch; earnest really is better than cool. So don’t be too sorry!

1 Like

Presidential hopeful, Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho, everyone.

5 Likes

Never! :wink:

4 Likes

I’ll bet he was eating a microwave burrito at the time.

You have to make it delicious. Whisk up some lemon juice and oil, some salt, you can add to that if you want to go a certain way, garlic or whatever, but that base will do. Toss your raw kale with that, crumble a shitload of feta in there and an avocado or 2 all chopped up and you got a tasty salad.

Sure, it ain’t the kale that makes it tasty, but it does contribute a nice texture once the lemon juice has cooked it a little. And you can use it to hold the feta and avocado on yer fork.

3 Likes

Not gonna happen:

Kale is an abomination.

1 Like

Kale - you’re doing it wrong.

1. Massage your kale. Take the tender young leaves in your hands. Roll them gently between your palms, feeling the soft… I seem to have lost my train of thought. Just massage it, okay?

2. Kale is less bitter after the first frost, so if you’re in a part of the world that doesn’t get frost, you might consider moving.

3. Some people have a gene that makes vegetables in the Brassica family taste bitter. You may be mutants.

7 Likes

You do realize where you are posting this don’t you?
I like kale but I also don’t think it all that super awesome compared to other green either.

3 Likes

They just didn’t seem very happy.

I feel about the same way. I have no particular axe to grind here; I just like having many options in salad ingredients.

2 Likes

3 Likes