Trump solemnly recalls the 7-11 attacks

That is exactly why I am pro Trump. Cruz has a far greater chance of actually accomplishing the destruction of freedom in America. Currently Trump is the lesser evil in the Republican group. I will switch sides when the nominations are confirmed.

2 Likes

I won’t speculate which would be worse-- neither Trump nor Cruz must ever be allowed power-- but the terror of a Trump victory doesn’t lie in what he might do as president. It’d surely be bad, but the Brownian motion of his random policy impulses might well average out to not making much difference in the long run.

Like Humbabella sez, the true pant-soiling terror is that a meaningful chunk of the population could vote for him. There’s now a group of Americans who (a) recognise themselves as a political force and (b) openly embrace a far-right, racist, anti-intellectual politics. That force is still going to exist, even if it doesn’t win a general election on its first try.

This is why I feel like there should be more focus on Trump’s supporters. Not attacking them, but clearly pointing out the nastiness of what they’re standing up for. It’s like, if you support Trump now, but you’d have misgivings if police were actually rounding up brown people into camps, well, stop fucking supporting Trump then, because there’s a direct connection here and you know it.

8 Likes

None of us will ever forget the day when the terrorists flew two hot dogs off the roller grill, into the twin towers of Slurpee cups.

5 Likes

Y’know, there’s another option besides Cruz in the election besides “pro Trump”. And it ain’t Kasich. Just saying.

2 Likes

And butterfly nets. Don’t forget the butterfly nets.

My mental image of this summer’s Republican convention has rows of riot police AND rows of men in white coats with butterfly nets.

3 Likes

I made a great pizza topped with goat cheese mozzarella, kalamata olives, caramelized onions, and kale tossed in olive oil and truffled salt.

Try and find that at 7-11!

6 Likes

Most definitely. In a way, the person I’m most afraid of isn’t Trump, or Cruz, but whoever inevitably inherits Trump’s mantle, because they’re going to be one step more batshit than either one, and most likely, far better organized.

7 Likes

This post was not my finest moment. I’m going to leave it up to remind myself what a jerk I can be when I get upset. Sorry.

23 Likes

I genuinely appreciate your passion and intensity and red-eyed rage on the topic. I especially appreciated the point at which you became so enraged that you just yelled “FUCK BANANAS”, which I’m going to reserve for my angriest moments from now on.

23 Likes

“Just fuck these bananas! JUST FUCK THEM!”

9 Likes

Shouldn’t you take them out to dinner first?

7 Likes

No problem. We all are horrified by it, just if we don’t joke about it then we end up in the padded room or the drunk tank.
Hug?

5 Likes

That’s okay. We all get peeved about things.

But I truly find kale (and Trump) disgusting.:skull_crossbones:

4 Likes

Only if you’re a gentleman/woman.

1 Like

One note: yes, kale can be delicious. But not raw, for goodness’ sake. Godawful bitter stuff.

Trim out the thick stems and toss it with some olive oil. Lay on cookie sheet, sprinkle with some salt, sesame seeds, garlic, and a little sugar. Roast until crisp but not burnt (a bit tricky). I could eat kale chips all day.

3 Likes

:frowning:
Sigh.

3 Likes

“Oh, hey, baby… didn’t see you there… What’s an appealing person like yourself doing in a two bit forum like this?”

2 Likes

No thanks.

1 Like

You don’t find them appealing?

2 Likes

Thank you, The Internet.

7 Likes