Trump solemnly recalls the 7-11 attacks

Somehow, I doubt it. :slight_smile:

The original topic is too damn depressing. Even kale salad is an improvement.

Actually, I like kale.

6 Likes

Hey we canā€™t help it if bantering back and forth over salad preference is more interesting than the Angry Orangeā€™s latest misstep.

1 Like

Noooo Nooo donā€™t fall victim to those alien poison food!

Brussels sprouts were seeded on Earth by jokers from outer space who get off on seeing our species gag on them, and watching parents shout at their children until the sprouts are choked down in a flood of tears. They find it amusing.

Like when Catalonia peeps and French people and such serve you escargot, itā€™s all a big joke thatā€™s been running for thousands of years!

2 Likes

Pretty sure weā€™re in agreement here about everything, except for the kale. That being genetic though, I wonā€™t quibble. I havenā€™t looked it up ye, is it the same gene that makes people think cilantro tastes like batteries? How do you feel about cilantro?

I actually like it in moderation; too much and it can be really over-powering.

Holy god did I loathe brussels sprouts as a kid. Tiny little squishy cabbagy orbs filled with sulphuric hot water, little bundles of bitter slimy leaves. The worst of all vegetables. The kitchen smelled like Donald Trumpā€™s ass. ( ā† blatant topic reference)

Then as an adult I learned how to cut them in half and roast them, and it was a revelation. Theyā€™re amazing, crispy, sweet, nutty and delicious. Drizzle with some aged balsamic, wonderful. A BBQ place near me roasts them with a buffalo-style barbecue sauce. Awesome.

9 Likes

Everything is delicious if you dip it in butter. You think anyone would eat lobster if they couldnā€™t dip it in bowls of melted butter?

3 Likes

"This user is suspended until May 10, 2016 1:42pm. Reason: Channeled his inner him. "

Well, I saw that coming. A friend of mine (and Bernie supporter) had a run-in with cow on another site, and it was not pretty. Itā€™s like if you donā€™t support Bernie with complete unquestioning optimism, then he thinks youā€™re a corporate shill.

1 Like

Did he say ā€œFuck youā€ for saying hello to him? Because thatā€™s definitely the kind of thing thatā€™ll get your account suspended.

1 Like

Can we be sure that heā€™s not trolling them?

My mind is turned inside out by the Trump phenomenon :frowning:

In the broader sense, donā€™t all sufficiently long threads turn into a conversation about salads?

Salads are the topic! The people decide what the topic is, not some ā€œmanaging editorā€.

4 Likes

And it turns out this works for practically every vegetable that I thought was bad.

Edit to add: Also, donā€™t judge vegetables or fruits that you havenā€™t gotten from farmers markets. Iā€™m not saying you have to like shitty quality produce, but donā€™t blame the species of plant for it.

6 Likes

Yes! I was raised on frozen veggies, so I only knew them as limp, watery, and tasteless.

Roasted carrots, roasted asparagus, roasted leeksā€¦ so simple and so good.

One fun thing I discovered with brussels sprouts is that itā€™s almost impossible to overcook them. If they look charred and blackened, give them a try. Most likely the outer leaves have caramelized while the inside is soft and sweet and nutty.

6 Likes

Do you like some of the other greens, like swiss chard, rainbow chard, collards, mustard greens, turnip greens, beet greens?

Iā€™m not huge on kale, itā€™s fine I guess. The kale hype is annoying, but (sings) you canā€™t take my chard from meeeeeee

3 Likes

Yes please!

2 Likes

Sometimes, depending on how they are prepared.

2 Likes

Yes. Itā€™s [quote=ā€œcleveremi, post:115, topic:76853ā€]The kale hype is annoying[/quote]

Indeed. People have gone too far. Itā€™s overkale.

8 Likes

2 Likes

Even then, the bananas owe you nothing.

Unless you are a promoter of ERA* ideologies.

* Eaterā€™s Rights Advocate