Trump solemnly recalls the 7-11 attacks

2 Likes

ā€œHey, big guy, what are you doing here? Get banned from the gun-range again?ā€

Donā€™t try to teach your grampa how to neg, boy!

Lettuce not go there. (Thinks: I mustard romaine neutral.)

8 Likes

9 Likes

As I understand it @cowicide is a repeat offender-- he was suspended a few years ago for something, I was never sure what, thereā€™s an old thread about it on bbs meta somewhere.

1 Like

Yep, heā€™s a controversial one. In this case, he literally said to remove his account (they didnā€™t, just a 21 day suspension).

3 Likes

In my experience, telling even the most reasonable mod on the most benign of websites ā€œfuck youā€ is a good way to get oneā€™s wrist slapped.

4 Likes

Why have I ever liked you???

Ah, but have you tried roasted iceberg?

2 Likes

I just spent a little too long thinking about whether or not that was remotely possible!

3 Likes

Okay. Iā€™m sorry. Iā€™m taking this one way off the rails. But if you find kale too bitter when raw, you need to give it a good rub down. Massage it, then toss it in a dressing made of lots of shredded parmesan, a bit of lemon juice, salt, and olive oil. Itā€™ll turn you around on raw kale.

3 Likes

Love it. A lot like what I recommended. I should have just continued reading down thread.

2 Likes

Gems are best for roasting, for my dollar. Although Iā€™d rather grill some anise and radicchio.

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard that! I promise I will give it a try, thank you for the idea.

1 Like

Yes. Also: soy sauce and extreme heat. If you know the proper way to make fried rice, using a wok and a really hot flame (hotter than what you get on any consumer stove), this can be applied to most vegetables and is marvelous.

1 Like

Battered should be doable. Given the size of an iceberg.

1 Like

His first big(ish) break Made In Britain is good. The Exploited did a lot of the soundtrack IIRC.

Thatā€™s when you know itā€™s getting good.

1 Like

Does that criteria exclude searches for the Samuel L Jackson and Robert Carlyle film?

1 Like

#EEEEECH TRIGGER WARNING

The explorer Redmond Oā€™Hanlon wrote about spending time with a tribe in Brazil which had had limited contact with the outside world. One day he was walking in the rainforest with a couple of these guys, and one of them killed a howler monkey; when he found its head bobbing around in his mess tin, his guide told him that as their guest the monkeyā€™s eyes were reserved for him: it was a great honour, and would bring good luck. So he steeled himself, took the monkeyā€™s skull, and sucked each eye out.

Chimo put his bowl down, folded his hands on his paunch, and roared with laughter.

ā€œYou savage!ā€ he shouted. ā€œYou horrible naked savage! Donā€™t you think it looks like a man? How could you do a disgusting thing like that?ā€

2 Likes