Trump spokesman angry at fact

I am simultaneously impressed, fascinated, and disgusted by Katrina Pierson.

2 Likes

This is the problem with the Trumpeters, there are no facts allowed. You can’t argue with them because they bring you down to their level then beat you with experience at being fact free. You can’t quote a newspaper of record, “the MSM media is all in a conspiracy”, as are all the pollsters. You can’t even quote Fox anymore. I am literally down to Breitbart as the only source acceptable by these crazies.

11 Likes

There was an exchange over on Dangerous Minds where a “Trumpkin” (great word, rhymes with “blumpkin”) was repeating over and over that Trump would win in a landslide, and whenever someone brought up polls he/she would point to the size of the crowds at Trump rallies as evidence of certain victory, then finally she/he cited an online poll that had Trump in the lead (and of course it was a clickbait poll where anyone could vote anonymously, multiple times if they wanted.)

No mental agility indeed.

10 Likes

Says who? Who says he’s an adult?

2 Likes

maybe Andy Kaufman is really playing the long game

15 Likes

I had a horrible thought. What if out of Trump’s crash and burn we get a realignment, whereby the business-friendly republicans make a deal with democrats to form a Center party of economic conservatives and social liberals (to the right of Bill/Hillary Clinton). Any social issue that doesn’t really interfere with business (e.g., gay marriage, abortion rights) the republicans give in to. Maybe give some token support to social programs like WIC and medicare. But in return they bargain for continued low taxes on big corporations and rich people, and watering down regulation. I’m not smart enough to know whether these are good guesses or not, but I can see a coalition like this playing well enough to the moderates and independents to win elections. The looney right and liberal/progressive wings would end up out in right and left field, respectively. Is this possible? (I hope not . . . )

6 Likes

There’s even an American chap set up to run this new party for you.

Honestly, he’s all yours. Take him.

13 Likes

If that were to happen, it would be because the radical conservative wing had completely destroyed their own credibility (which is admittedly in the process of happening), and what would likely form as a result would be a new liberal party in opposition to the new conservative party, tapping into the same under-represented liberal population that Bernie rallied.

5 Likes

No thanks. He’s too fricking smart.

I wonder if it would be able to get anything done, though.

1 Like

just the very look on his face makes me want to slap the shit out out of him.

12 Likes

Possibly. We have the model of the “New Left” from the 1970s, which did such damage to the liberal “Democrat brand” that it directly contributed to the Republican primacy of the 1980s to 1990s (with the understanding that the Clintons are more centrists than liberals). In many ways, the Tea Party is to the GOP as the New Left was to the Democrats, but even more powerful, integrated, and accepted among the GOP general population. So, if the parallel holds, if/when the Tea Party finally collapses (and if it manages to do so without triggering a civil war), we might have a decade or two of having the conservative wing discredited to the point that that major parties are liberal and centrist, not centrist and conservative.

9 Likes

All of them. All the polls.

3 Likes

O RLY?

6 Likes

Dumpsters are useful and fire is pretty… so, so pretty… but the combination make a good image for the campaign so far. MSNBC has been using the term “Trumpster Fire” for a while now, and it is wonderful.

4 Likes

I can get behind “Trumpster fire”.

5 Likes

Hahaha smack that little turd. been watching for 3 mins now and have to stop.

2 Likes

I thought he guaranteed there would be no problems with his official campaign organ.

8 Likes

@beschizza, can you provide a link to the rest of the interview?

Maybe we should just elect Trump. This could be interesting.