Trump still paying Stephen Miller with tax-payer funds

Originally published at: Trump still paying Stephen Miller with tax-payer funds | Boing Boing

8 Likes

So, the Transition funds were not (and are not) being used for anything related to the actual transition (because of course trump was not willing to transition to his successor), but are instead being used to finance his future campaign and/or political take-overs of the republican party. (is he campaigning at this point? or just grifting?)

28 Likes

new-jersey

20 Likes

Are there comparisons to other administrations? I don’t doubt there is grift…

6 Likes

On the other hand, it gives law enforcement in New York a shorter drive when/if the criminal investigation into the Trump organization warrants bringing in Donald for questioning and/or arrest.

18 Likes

26 Likes

Law enforcement in NY do not have jurisdiction in NJ. They would have to convince the NJ authorities to send people out and extradite them. They may be able to send someone out for a voluntary not-under-oath informal discussion, but anything more I think requires someone with jurisdiction to be involved.

2 Likes

When I hear “Trump post-presidential machine,” I envision a car being driven through crowds of protestors.

17 Likes

Whatever, [shocked-not shocked gif]

If we let you have the money will you leave?

5 Likes

I think we all know that answer to that one…

9 Likes

I think he should be paid with taxpayer funds…

…for work he does as an inmate in a federal pen, assuming that we fix the 13th amendment so that it is voluntary labor. He may be a monster, but we don’t have to be monsters too.

5 Likes

That was my thought. As much as I loathe all things Trump I’m not going to get mad about this without knowing how past administrations have used this money.

1 Like

I see it as a slightly-soiled, broken-down clown car.

6 Likes

You ask that as if there is a difference. Sadly, there isn’t.

5 Likes

Welcome back, my friend, to the grift that never ends!

3 Likes

The upside to this: Paying Miller and other creeps to be at his sides keeps them from roaming the streets looking for slow-moving pets to eat. Or worse.

7 Likes

I’m just glad that Trump isn’t hiring top tier political talent. Better he waste those funds than use them to burnish his political prospects.

1 Like

A bit of the old ultra-right-violence?

With Stephen Miller driving and the ex-president manning the nozzle. I wonder if he gets a tax write-off it he fills the tank with Trump™ water?

1 Like

Check your climate sites or wikipedia or just your own knowledge. Summertime in NJ and FL are virtually identical sans chances of hurricanes. I would no more go to either in July because of this similarity.