Trump supporter thinks Donald is a good parent who perfectly raised his children

I thought Trump already had a throne?

17 Likes

I remember talk about how liberals thought Obama was the Messiah, and we all worshipped him. I mean, it’d be fun to have him on the Supreme Court to trigger the non-libs, but he seems happy to retire and write books, and it never occurs to me or anyone I know to erect shrines to him or try to get him elected King.

15 Likes

A throne that receives the offerings Trump deserves, no less.

5 Likes

A semi-dead corpse installed in a Golden Throne?

eta: And only half of the Emperor of Man’s “sons” converted to chaos. Trump’s batting 1000.

7 Likes

Or just for the celebrity that comes with monarchy. One of my favourite funny political quotes comes from former House Speaker Tip O’Neill, who said in 1987:

I’ve known every president since Harry Truman, and there’s no question in my mind that Ronald Reagan was the worst. He wasn’t without leadership ability, but he lacked most of the management skills that a president needs. But let me give him his due: He would have made a hell of a king.

16 Likes

These numskulls don’t deserve any airtime, or webtime, or anytime.

9 Likes

16 Likes

(a real book and not a shoop )

16 Likes

Sigh… founding fathers rolling over in their graves.

Destroy Democracy to own the libs, you fuck wits.

8 Likes

Remember that time in 2017 when he told the NRA “both my sons love the outdoors,” thus revealing that he forgot how many sons he has?

30 Likes

I think there’s a body of evidence out there showing that when the tribe feels that it’s in jeopardy, it resorts to a strongman who the tribe believes will protect it from invasion by the outsiders. Here, we see that votes for Trump in 2016 weren’t propelled by “economic anxiety,” but rather by a fear that Scary Brown People were taking over the country from The Whites. There was also professed increased concern about illegal immigration from people located nowhere near the southern border. (See also bromides about “MS-13,” which is a real thing, but not nearly as dangerous on a national scale as Trump World claimed.) Consequently, Trump supporters are more than happy to support an authoritarian, as long as he protects them from other people who don’t look like them.

Similarly, far-right authoritarianism in Europe has been driven by a fear of immigrants (note that one of the express appeals of Brexit was that EU citizens could no longer enter the UK freely). In fact, Putin rocketed to popularity after a series of bombings in Russia apparently committed by “Islamists.” This led to a war with Chechnya. (There’s a conspiracy theory that the bombings were a false flag operation intended to increase Putin’s popularity and support for a new war in Chechya.)

Same thing goes for Reagan and tribalism: The NRA suddenly changed its tune on open carry in California, and Reagan signed into law the Mulford Act banning open carry in California only after some armed Black Panthers showed up at the Capitol in Sacramento. Once again, The Whites felt threatened and felt like they needed protection from the Other.

18 Likes

37 Likes

Would be better.

14 Likes

Whoa seriously? I saw the 'shops of his orangey head on the body of S.Stallone as Rambo, but this is new to me.
Anyway, in both cases he’s been glued on the image of a fictional character, which tells us much about the perception of reality as seen by those folks. A bit like thinking of Saint R.Reagan as “the old cowboy”, something he never was except in movies.

2 Likes

Or maybe they just belong, body-soul-lock-stock & barrel, to the group this researcher describes?

https://theauthoritarians.org/

(the .pdf has been approved for free download by the author, and is warmly recommended if you don’t already know it by heart).

10 Likes

The fact that this guy starts his rant with “since the constitution no longer applies” means there’s no reasoning with him, or even just having a discussion about pretty much anything. He may as well have just started out by saying “since rodents are a type of fruit that grows on trees. . . .”

19 Likes

Political Survivor. Jeff Probst and two tribes of politicians, the D tribe and the R tribe, set off for an undisclosed location in the South Pacific. The D tribe wins the first challenge and Mitt Romney is voted off then the R tribe takes over, winning the next 10 challenges!

The morning of the 12th challenge arrives. The R tribe wakes up to find no Probst, no production crew, and no ships to take them home. The cameras left behind document the descent into a Lord of the Flies situation. When asked what happened the members of the D tribe point out there’s no rule against throwing challenges on the show.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Or unintentionally honest. “That’s how the first lady got involved. She’s got a son…”

5 Likes

Yeah I’m not on board with the “Barron isn’t Trump’s son!” rumors. Especially considering the poor kid is cursed with his father’s mug.

14 Likes