Trump supporter thinks Donald is a good parent who perfectly raised his children

Which is why I suspect that “talk” was mostly projection from proto-Trumpers.

7 Likes

Earwolf would never do that. Now the fact that I heard a promo for a fucking podcast hosted by Paris Hilton on iHeartRadio on the other hand convinced me not only that the medium I have cherished for the better part of two decades is heading towards its death but also that that network will put out anything.

3 Likes

I think it was almost a “modest proposal” (or at least it’s intended to be provocative) based on his belief that the “constitution no longer applies” (i.e. “well liberals, if you’re going to destroy the constitution, we might as well have a king! King Trump - how do you like them apples?”) I’m just wondering why the hell he thinks the constitution is no longer applicable. (But I’m guessing it’s something boring and very dumb like, "They won’t let us have machine guns, therefore 2nd Amendment violation; Facebook kicked off Trump, therefore 1st Amendment violation; the 3rd Amendment is being violated because he has no idea what it is…)

On the other hand, a number of Trump supporters have unironically suggested Trump should be king, so… something something Poe’s Law.

It may be a conservative “joke” - i.e. say something provocative you actually believe in, hide behind the “humor” defense when people point out you’re a dumbass.

I love that too, because it veers right into an unintentional attack on Trump. The gap between the representation and the reality is so huge - and so obvious, it ironically draws focus on his shortcomings, his total inability to be the “tough guy” he plays.

I’ve seen not entirely dissimilar images (though minus the fascist elements) of, say, Bernie Sanders done as a buff dude, but they work completely differently. Because in those cases it’s done with affectionate deprecation - it’s supposed to be absurd, as Sanders very much isn’t trying to embody the kind of toxic masculinity that is Trump’s brand.

10 Likes

That is literally the first new photo I recall seeing of Barron in years. I didn’t really know what he even looked like, which is unusual for the child of a President but is absolutely fine by me. Unlike his older siblings he apparently isn’t seeking out the public eye and deserves a certain amount of privacy. He didn’t ask to be part of this family.

12 Likes

Make America Great Again… by instituting a monarchy, which the USA has never had and was formed specifically in opposition to. Sir, this is a Wendy’s.

7 Likes

I had the same thought when he mentioned the third amendment, maybe that’s just as high as he could count? Or the average MAGA enthusiast only cares about what they perceived as violations of the first two and the third was just to make it seem like he knows of more than two.

7 Likes

Still kinda expecting churches in the red states to start throwing out their crosses and substitute a giant photo of Trump…

2 Likes

If only the Trumpsters and Q-Anoners could put even half as much effort into actually attending a decent remedial school as they have put into protesting and storming the Capitol…

6 Likes

I know the Shepard Fairey posters were pretty popular for a while but it’s not like Obama supporters formed a full-blown cult complete with uniforms and slogans that were recited like they were part of a prayer ritual and year-round rallies that continued even after he left office.

Always projection with those people.

8 Likes

I find it amazing they go to Warhammer for their fantasies. Seriously that is not a universe one would want to fucking live in. It’s right up there with the Lovecraft universe. I expect there are layers of irony with this shitty meme but like the use of the insult cuck it says more about the people that use it.

11 Likes

I don’t think Obama was considered the Messiah exactly, but a lot of people convinced themselves that because he was America’s first Black president, he was also a progressive. We kind of wished away all the clear evidence that he was a center-right Clintonian neo-whateverthehellitis. To be fair to Obama, he pitched himself as better than what went before but never accepted the mantle of progressivism. That said, a big difference between Obama’s followers and Trump’s is that the former became disillusioned and disappointed while the latter became even more passionate. When their god turned out to have feet of clay they just brought in more clay.

5 Likes

Turns out the answer is “Donald just before he drank from the false grail.”

5 Likes

He’s not saying it in the Swiftian sense: if he were, the very last thing he’d actually want was Trump as king. He knows his proposal can never be fulfilled, but he’s serious.

His reasoning is that, since Communists have taken over, tyranny reigns, cats and dogs are living together, how much worse could it get? Sure! Make Trump king.

“People were saying?” That was a conservative slur. Conservatives, being the crypto-monarchists/autocrats that they are, hunger for a political Messiah. (Well, and evangelicals hunger for a Messiah-Messiah.) So, of course, they are ever ready to slur Democrats who are “too” enthusiastic about their candidate, possibly even out of jealousy.

4 Likes

To be fair, Cromwell was an utter jackass, and his Roundheads with him. The Puritans were too dour for England, FFS!

3 Likes

I am a republican in UK politics but not necessarily a Roundhead.

2 Likes

A recurring gag on the show would be that Melania would think Palin was the help and that they were at a crappy day spa and not a prison.

Hey netflix, call us!

2 Likes

…Hell, you can (and maybe ought to) pitch them both yourself. Each has a decent process for doing so.

He “thinks” Trump would make a great king? Kind of like George the Third of England, or Ahab of Israel, or Herod of Judea. I’d suggest that he leave the “thinking” to people with a little more understanding of world history.

Actually, come to think of it…

1 Like

God Emperor from Dune would be more apt: a guy slowly turning into a giant worm.

3 Likes