Trump "surprisingly incoherent" in Friday speech

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/31/trump-surprisingly-incoherent-in-friday-speech.html

10 Likes

Incoherency is a feature, not a bug.
All the Rage Mango’s sycophants are competing to see which of them gets to shove their hand up his bum and make him a puppet.

18 Likes

Trump has been incoherent for a long time.

If you listen carefully, especially to that first episode, you will notice clearly altered dialogue from Trump in both the task delivery and the boardroom. Trump was overwhelmed with remembering the contestants’ names, the way they would ride the elevator back upstairs or down to the street, the mechanics of what he needed to convey. Bienstock instigated additional dialogue recording that came late in the edit phase. We set Trump up in the soundproof boardroom set and fed him lines he would read into a microphone with Bienstock on the phone, directing from L.A. And suddenly Trump knows the names of every one of the contestants and says them while the camera cuts to each of their faces. Wow, you think, how does he remember everyone’s name? While on location, he could barely put a sentence together regarding how a task would work. Listen now, and he speaks directly to what needs to happen while the camera conveniently cuts away to the contestants, who are listening and nodding. He sounds articulate and concise through some editing sleight of hand.

23 Likes

I’m sure this account is probably accurate but I really hate the way the author tries to excuse his own culpability by saying he “couldn’t” tell the truth until now.

Literally hundreds of people have come forward over the years to provide inside accounts of their dealings with Trump, many of whom had previously signed NDAs. Even the ghostwriter behind The Art of the Deal spoke out.

It’s not like Trump was holding his family hostage; the stakes were too high for any person of conscience to cover for Trump just because they were afraid of getting sued over a non-disclosure agreement that probably wouldn’t have held up in court anyway.

30 Likes

I initially misread that as “surprisingly coherent” because at this point, the only thing that would actually be surprising about Trump is if he suddenly became coherent.

26 Likes

ageism

27 Likes

During that time, I signed an expansive nondisclosure agreement that promised a fine of $5 million and even jail time

Yeahhhh somebody should tell this guy that it’s not actually up to NBC (or anyone else) what the penalty would be for violating an NDA, if any. A judge would have to decide that. Particularly jail time. IANAL, but I don’t think violating an NDA is a felony, even in the US.

6 Likes

If the text means nothing, it can mean ANYthing reader wants.
It’s just mainlining confirmation bias by his consumers/ conees.

“I head what he said he MEANT, and it was exactly what I think!”

2 Likes

“Then you should say what you mean," the March Hare went on.

“I do,” Alice hastily replied; “at least-at least I mean what I say-that’s the same thing, you know.”
“Not the same thing a bit!” said the Hatter. “Why, you might just as well say that ‘I see what I eat’ is the same thing as ‘I eat what I see’!”
“You might just as well say,” added the March Hare, “that ‘I like what I get’ is the same thing as ‘I get what I like’!”
“You might just as well say,” added the Dormouse, which seemed to be talking in its sleep, “that ‘I breathe when I sleep’ is the same thing as ‘I sleep when I breathe’!”
“It is the same thing with you.” said the Hatter,”

― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Trump’s personal rabbit hole.

18 Likes

Yeah it’s very rare for people who violate NDAs to be criminally charged at all, and when they are it’s generally for stealing trade secrets (say, selling your multibillion-dollar tech company’s proprietary code to a competitor).

Sharing factually accurate information that is in the public interest (like information relating to the suitability of a potential Presidential candidate) probably wouldn’t even get you a conviction in a civil case.

10 Likes

Hey now, they also thought Obama was president during COVID.
And they want to roll the country back to 1935 (in a bad way) so time is not really a strong suit for these folks.

9 Likes
4 Likes

What is this ‘surprise’ of which you speak?

4 Likes

Came here to type this. Thank you.

6 Likes

The interval his brain is capable of stitching together somewhat coherent thoughts is precisely as long as his audience’s ability to comprehend them. At this point that seems to be about 5-7 words.

5 Likes

get that? “literally crucified” (wonder if they managed that on the stand in the court room or what with all the nailing sounds it had to be taken into the ‘overflow’ room)

Mussed-Looking Trump Goes on Wild Free Associative Rant at Post-Conviction Press Conference

UNHINGED

The former president swore that he would have loved to testify in his trial and that his defense witnesses were “literally crucified.”

Donald Trump gave a bizarre press conference Friday on the morning after he became the first former American president to be criminally convicted, variously wheeling out his favorite gripes about his prosecution and bragging about how much money he’s raised in the wake of the verdict.

9 Likes

“kind of like an old man who was just ranting and raving in a self-involved way”

…kind of???

10 Likes

I’ve also heard him being blamed for being asleep at the switch for 9/11. No word yet if the destruction of the Maine is his fault too.

6 Likes

I’m surprised at the two surprisinglys. I wasn’t surprisinglyed even the once.

7 Likes

Yup. It’s incredibly cowardly to expose these truths long after anybody cares about them. We’ve seen this over and over again – people in Trump’s inner circle or close orbit who know incredibly damning things who do nothing until they can hype up a new book where they dish on Trump.

I still haven’t forgiven Bob Woodward for sitting on the knowledge that Trump knew as early as February, 2020 (if not earlier) that COVID was shaping up to be a big deal until September, 2020 – after hundreds of thousands had already died from Trump’s inaction.

17 Likes