Trump's incomprehensible interview causes concerns over mental aptitude (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/22/trumps-incomprehensible-interview-causes-concerns-over-mental-aptitude-video.html

4 Likes

I dunno. Are we really going to pretend he was that much more coherent in 2016, and not one step away from speaking incomprehensible gibberish while gargling bleach and staring directly at the sun?

37 Likes

Confused The Beverly Hillbillies GIF. I’ve never understood a word he’s said.

16 Likes

“Taking the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. ‘Give me five bees for a quarter,’ you’d say. But the important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time.”

44 Likes

Trump nows exactly what he’s doing

But do you Know what you’re doing?

1 Like

Well, do you Kknow what you’re doing?

9 Likes

Trump Merkel

23 Likes

The last word I would use to describe him, even back in 2016, would be “vibrant”

18 Likes

It’s amazing that Trump is picking up on the MAGAts giving him credit for cheap gas… because the economy was at a standstill from covid. One was a direct consequence of the other - are they giving him credit for the economy freezing, are they wanting to go back to that? “Get Trump back in the White House - he’ll destroy the world economy again!”? (Of course not, it just demonstrates how utterly disingenuous the whole MAGA movement is, yet again.)

The Trump strategy, apparently: “Can’t show signs of cognitive decline when you were a gibbering idiot to begin with!”

Well, if “vibrant” means “loud,” then sure, I guess.

It reminds me of Trump claiming that Putin called him “bright,” when it was actually more like “colorful” (as with a clown).

12 Likes

Well, his face is often a vibrant shade of orange but it did get a bit closer to more normal skin colours than it was in 2016 for a while during his presidency. Maybe that’s what she means.

6 Likes

“And you know, folks, we’re going to bring them back. The bumblebees on the nickel. The. Nickel. It’ll be the most beautiful coin, folks, the best. We’ll make nickels great again. Not like Sleepy Joe. His nickels don’t have bumblebees on them, and that’s terrible. A man came up to me, a veteran, with tears in his eyes, and he said, Sir, I wish we had the old nickel back…”

12 Likes

You Got Me GIF by HULU

11 Likes

Kind of reminds me of an Ad I had to lay out one time. The copy was almost this choppy, and I helpfully fixed the grammer - only to have the client come running, saying I couldn’t change a word. The whole text had been written by lawyers to create an image (in this case, some woo health benefits) without saying anything that was legally actionable when the woo turned out to be woo.

6 Likes

13 Likes

Just his existence is concerning.

9 Likes

Cracking Up Lol GIF

4 Likes

A stable one, for sure.

10 Likes

Those poor starving brainworms. :cry:

14 Likes

A stronger dose of Ivermectin should clear them right up.

11 Likes

:thinking:

3 Likes