Trump team says Elton John's playing at his inauguration; Elton John says he's not

Do you mean

“There is no truth in this at all,”

or

“There is no truth in this at all,” Elton John’s spokeswoman told BBC News.

because it would be hilarious if poor Elton John’s spokeswoman had to explain why Elton John wasn’t going to be playing at the Great Mexican Wall opening ceremonies, why Elton wouldn’t be playing at the celebratory Hillary is Going to Jail concert, why Elton John wasn’t going to be driving a Coal-Powered tour bus…

4 Likes

Let’s hope 4 years only.

3 Likes

I assume the tRump staffer overheard someone talking about a dream list of who they wanted to play at it (since they play Elton John songs at his rallies, apparently someone is a fan), and assumed it was a done deal. I’ll be damned if I can figure out why they thought that was remotely plausible, though. When tRump’s team is just as likely as Cheeto Mussolini to engage in bullshitting and ignorant, wishful fantasizing that they mistake for reality, we’re going to have an interesting four years.

3 Likes

But… but… he won. A few dirty hippies may still protest, but for everyone who matters it is time to grovel before the President.

3 Likes

Let me fix that for you (not to criticize, only to emphasize):

13 Likes

And to Trump I say: “Goodbye, yellow dick-load!”

5 Likes

14 Likes

True. And there’s always impeachment.

3 Likes

But surely they not so stupid as to believe that… oh, right, tRump staffers.

1 Like

This, I assume

2 Likes

This is systematic and deliberate misinformation by the Trump team to get cheap exposure.

5 Likes

NM, too slow.

Pence is no better. He’s running the show while Trump plays with his toy businesses and tweets.

2 Likes

The slogan for 2016: What does reality matter?!

3 Likes

4 Likes

3 hours of nugent grabbing his crotch…

3 Likes

I can almost imagine what this staffer was thinking…
“Oh lordy they’re asking about gay stuff. Quick, make up some fake donations! We can always send them a few bucks later. Okay, that sounded pretty good. But I should say something big and important sounding. Who can Trump be friends with? I can’t say ‘his hairdresser’, that sounds too queeny. Crap! Think fast! Who’s gay? Musicians! The inauguration! Okay okay, who’s a gay musician we can make an offer to right away? Morrissey! No, too vegetarian. Freddie Mercury? Is he dead? Crap crap crap. Wait, Elton John! The kids like him, he’s buddies with Eminem. He’s nice and safe!”

10 Likes

Here’s a good read for today:

This too involves lies.

7 Likes

During any given 5 hour period?

2 Likes

Probably. But then, if nobody is around to witness it, does nugent still grab his crotch while making skeevy facial expressions.

Rhetorical. The answer is yes.

2 Likes