Trump team says Elton John's playing at his inauguration; Elton John says he's not

I have to say, my honest feeling is that I don’t give a flying fuck who performs, because there’s not fucking way I’m watching (or in any other way paying the slightest attention to) the accession of cheeto Mussolini.

8 Likes

All those invoices, in his head. Phentermine, in quantity, must be some bad stuff.

Almost as good: the reported playlist includes “Rocket Man,” and “Funeral for a Friend / Love Lies Bleeding.” Given the tRump campaign consistently ended rallies with, “You can’t always get what you want,” I don’t know how concerned they were about how apropos the lyrics to their songs were…

In a nutshell.

2 Likes

Not Healing Hands? Sacrifice?

Elton John should play Trump’s inauguration. Start off with a performance of 4’33" then lead into the theme from Benny Hill and conclude with an encore of 4’33". Explain the brevity of the concert as fatigue.

6 Likes

Well, he did, for some reason, refer to his crotch as his “Blue State! Black and blue!”

I would say that indicates excessive grabbing (or maybe he’s just into CBT, though either way it’s an odd thing to shout at a political rally).

4 Likes

Not “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road”, “The Bitch is Back”, or “I’ve Seen That Movie Too”?

3 Likes

The politics of skeevy washed-up celebs are not for the comprehension of mortals like you and i.

1 Like

I plan to spend the day drinking heavily.

5 Likes

To be fair, he lives part time in Atlanta…

2 Likes

It’s Wayne Newton- and some duets with Mike Tyson and Jon Voight.

Burn Down the Mission?

1 Like

Does he really? I didn’t know that!

1 Like

As of a few years ago, at least. He has a place up in Buckhead. He seems to have several places around the world, so who knows how much time he and his family spend here.

2 Likes

Scaramucci, Scaramucci, will you do the Fandango?

Don’t forget to set your clock for 7a.m. – you can’t drink all day if you don’t start in the morning!

1 Like

So now Trump is okay with foreigners — foreign nobility no less — coming over here and taking our inauguration-playing jeorbs?

7 Likes

A knighthood isn’t letters patent, Sir Elton just knows some Nobles really well.

1 Like

Well of course he won’t be playing. The headline slot is already taken by Ted Nugent & The KKK Dancers.

:notes:
And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a combover in the wind
Always knowing who to stiff
When the bills came in… :notes:

5 Likes