Trump the Chump (Part 2)

There’s more info in other threads here. But the tl;dr is someone shot at Trump, it looks like the shot grazed his ear. At least one other rally attendee was shot and killed, and the shooter was killed.

14 Likes

Thanks. Didn’t see the other threads. I’ll shut this one down.

Edit: or not…it’s not cooperative. I’ll try again in a bit.

5 Likes

Guns and killing political enemies. Let’s see what the MAGAists have to say about that now.

6 Likes

Even a lot of the most responsible news outlets get a lot of details wrong for breaking news stories like this one, so rather than constantly hitting “refresh” on the news feeds I’m trying my best (without total success) to avoid reading too many stories or hot takes on this right now and expect that whatever I read in a few hours or days will be far more accurate than the reporting coming out right now.

8 Likes

From Beau…

12 Likes

MTG is out and running hot blaming the Democrats and media for the assassination attempt, by their “years of demonizing” Trump.

True demons can’t be demonized.

6 Likes

Shouldn’t the news be using cop-speak?

“Trump was nicked by a bullet”

7 Likes

… only if the shooter was a cop :thinking:

5 Likes

Trump has his own speak: “Much bleeding took place, so I realized then what was happening.”

4 Likes

“I had blood coming out of my eyes. Or blood coming out of my wherever.”

“It was just a flesh wound”

6 Likes

Moved 12 posts here.

7 Likes
6 Likes

CNN is now confirming that it’s the shooter as well.

There was footage shown on some of the socials immediately after of a bloody body being dragged away from the crowd. Naturally, everybody said it was the shooter. I’m assuming now it was the person in the crowd who was killed.

These are really good questions to be asking. It seems like a pretty astonishing failure in protocol that any vantage within 1000’ of the venue wouldn’t be secured.

Even after a near death experience, it’s always about the optics with this fucking guy. It’d almost be admirable if he wasn’t such an awful human being.

6 Likes
10 Likes

… CBS News still says “shot in the ear” :confused:

6 Likes

Yeah, stuff like this will be bouncing around for days.

6 Likes

Marge retweeted this, they’re going to do what they’ve been doing for a while now.

Let’s have another show where nothing gets done.

WASHINGTON-House Committee on Oversight and Accountability Chairman James Comer (R-Ky.) issued the following statement after the assassination attempt of President Trump at his rally in Pennsylvania:

"My prayers are with President Trump and the victims of the assassination attempt at today’s rally in Pennsylvania. I thank the brave Secret Service members who put their lives at risk to protect President Trump and for the American patriots in the audience who helped innocent victims. Political violence in all forms is unamerican and unacceptable. There are many questions and Americans demand answers. I have already contacted the Secret Service for a briefing and am also calling on Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle to appear for a hearing. The Oversight Committee will send a formal invitation soon.

7 Likes

I remember in the Obama era that gun toters were legally welcome uncomfortably close to the then President. I don’t know if it was luck or better command that prevented a tragedy.

1 Like

I think I’ll just step aside here for a moment and let my alter ego, Skepticowl, do his thing: Hmmmmmmmmmm. Interesting.

1 Like

Done.

7 Likes