Trump the Chump (Part 2)

But it’s not a cult :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Frustrated Parks And Recreation GIF

4 Likes

I suppose there are actually some very strong parallels. Wallace gained fame for doing severe damage to a powerful country, he was from some level of nobility but is memorialized as a man of the people, the most popular story of his life is largely a work of exaggeration to outright fiction, and the person behind acting out the drama is a poorly concealed racist, bigot, and misogynist who never should have been as popular as he became.

5 Likes

https://www.axios.com/2021/11/12/trump-hang-mike-pence-january-6-audio

Exclusive audio: Trump defends threats to “hang” Pence

Former President Trump — in a taped interview with Jonathan Karl of ABC News that was shared with Axios — defended, quite extensively, supporters who threatened to “hang” former Vice President Mike Pence.

Why it matters: Well, it is unprecedented for a former president to openly say it was OK to threaten the life of his vice president.

12 Likes

Great, Madge! Now do Micah 6:8. I’ll try, too.

1 Like

And yet, I don’t think it will matter. It’s bizarro world.

The Office No GIF

7 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

You mean baby-q?

3 Likes
6 Likes

(NY Times reprint)

7 Likes

So much about trying to calm down the rhetoric

9 Likes

Well this is interesting.

Helen (wife of the victim) told the Post that President Joe Biden tried to call her, but she declined to speak to him since her husband ‘was a devout Republican, and he would not have wanted me to talk to him.’

But she added that she does not hold the current president responsible for what happened to her family.

I don’t have any ill will towards Joe Biden,’ she said. ‘I’m not one of those people that gets involved in politics. I support Trump, that’s who I’m voting for, but I don’t have ill-will towards Biden.’

He didn’t do anything to my husband. A 20-year-old despicable kid did,’ she continued.

13 Likes

Gee…you’d think a ‘devout Republican’ would have a little bit of respect for the Office by at least picking up the the GD phone when the f*cking President calls! (notice who hasn’t tried to call her though).

That right there is everything that’s wrong with the ridiculous MAGA tribalism that’s infecting our society. It’s just Red vs. Blue to the extreme and basic manners and civility are thrown to the side.

13 Likes

DrWhat

16 Likes

Familiar with Sticker Mule? Ever use them?

I did once, I won’t ever again. The owner had things to say. He sent this email to their customers and posted it to twitter.

Donald Trump was shot.

I don’t care what your political views are but the hate for Trump and his supporters has gone too far.

People are terrified to admit they support Trump. I’ve been scared myself.

Americans shouldn’t live in fear.

I support Trump. Many at Sticker Mule do.

Many at Sticker Mule also support Biden.

The political hate needs to stop.

Today a bullet almost killed Donald Trump.

He’s got 5 kids. One’s still a teenager.

No one should have to die and sacrifice the happiness of their family to run for office.

If Donald Trump can risk that, the least the rest of us can do is vocalize our support and help end the hate.

The more people realize that kind-hearted, compassionate people support Trump, the sooner the hate will end.

I’m speaking up today and will do more in the future to stop this insane political hate.

Awesome people, all over the world, love Trump. Don’t limit your friendships, and diminish your happiness by indulging in political hate.

Vocalize your support. Stop the hate.

Anthony Constantino
Cofounder, Sticker Mule

15 Likes

Yep. That shot in the ear was a major shot in the arm for his campaign.

Fingers crossed that something comes along soon to counteract its effects.

9 Likes

As If Eye Roll GIF by MOODMAN
My eyes might have just gotten stuck

8 Likes

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/16/us/politics/trump-iran-assassination-plot.html

Surprised headline isn’t “Iran discovered to be Biden supporter”

6 Likes

Not at all familiar, but certainly will not hire them for anything, and also, that might be the snowflak-iest thing I’ve ever skimmed. I stopped at ‘he’s got a kid who is still a teenager’. Barron has surpassed the age of majority, he is an adult in the eyes of US law.

12 Likes