Trump the Chump (Part 2)

The Late Show: Stephen Colbert
A Late Show: Stephen Colbert home edition
Late Night: Seth Meyers
Jimmy Kimmel Live: Jimmy Kimmel
After Midnight: Taylor Thomlinson

After Midnight isn’t a talk show, more of a fake celebrity celebrity fake game show, but it occupies the time slot after Colbert that used to be the Late Late Show. It’s pretty great and very much worth watching.

11 Likes

they’re different late shows, on different TV networks. Kimmel is on ABC, Colbert is on CBS, and Meyers is on NBC (after the other late night show, Jimmy Fallon, who kind of sucks).

Yeah, it’s all built on the formula set up by the Tonight show, which is hosted by Fallon now, but goes back to 1954, with Steve Allen, then Jack Parr, Johnny Carson, and then Jay Leno (obviously not Lennon!) (with a year by Conan O’Brien), and now Fallon. In the 80s, they had a second late night show, with David Letterman, who was a bit more counter-cultural and edgier, who influenced lots of this current crop of hosts…

7 Likes

Ah, thanks @OhHai and @Mindysan33 .
Even though I’m from the UK, I do recognise a lot of those names.

Keep up the good work, you nocturnal misfits, you!

:saluting_face:

8 Likes

Perhaps being in the UK you’ve heard of Craig Ferguson who was mentioned by @1000YearBan in another topic recently. He hosted a late night talk show here too and is missed.

craig-ferg-go-wrong

8 Likes

Very true. Also… this song…

The alligator speaks the truth!!!

11 Likes

…and the bunny cusses…

b1840d6108d943e5bb1ff4901634b4e1

tumblr_m0i33mfMNN1qb7p6go1_500-2446400656

I miss that show…

9 Likes

It really was great… :sob:

craig ferguson cussing GIF

7 Likes

I saw Craig Ferguson at the 1986 Montreal Just For Laughs Festival and have been a fan ever since. I was so excited when he became host of The Late Late Show. Now I’m so glad he’s made so many more people happy.

8 Likes

… when he had Robin Williams on his show they would end up doing impressions of each other

10 Likes
17 Likes

“You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. You run into assholes all day, you’re the asshole.

— Raylan Givens (Justified)

14 Likes

A good alternative term for happy mutants.

8 Likes

Eleanor Morton needs to do a “Hello. Welcome to the show thing. My name is Craig, and I will be your host for tonight…”

5 Likes

Excited Great Job GIF by Sesame Street

9 Likes

16 Likes

I was referring to the late-night-show hosts.

However

:slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

If I was one of the Google big shots, I’d tell the search engine team to adjust results to favor Harris and to bring up the anti-Trump stuff.

6 Likes

12 Likes

12 Likes

15 Likes