Trump threatens Comey on Twitter, suggests he has "tapes" of their conversations

Their letter is available as a pdf here.

Under Section 1512 of Title 18 of the U.S. Code, it is a crime to threaten any potential witness with the attempt to influence, delay, or prevent their official testimony. The President's actions this morning – as well as his admission yesterday on national television that he fired Director Comey because he was investigating Trump campaign officials and their connections to the Russian government – raise the specter of possible intimidation and obstruction of justice.
And another letter on Sessions breaking the law in all this: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/05/jeff-sessions-recused-himself-two-key-investigations-did-he-break-his-promise
9 Likes

I’d probably get more personal satisfaction seeing Sessions in prison than any of the others. Not that I expect that it will happen, but I can dream.

9 Likes

Well, he did create the EPA.

2 Likes

And carpet-bombed untold square miles of Laotian jungle. And illegally conspired to subvert a presidential election.

So I guess it’s a wash.

4 Likes

Some people are only saying that because of the shit-show on fire that is 45’s “presidency.”

I wasn’t even born back then, but Nixon still gets no quarter from me, as he’s the bigoted fucker that started the “war on drugs” as way of suppressing Black citizens and other minorities.

He can still go fuck himself as he rots in Hell…

13 Likes

And opened relations with China

2 Likes
7 Likes

Good twitter thread. He makes some good points.

1 Like

I think this is essentially correct, but its not black and white, like a mindless zombie chasing after food. But this leading compulsion behavior is typical throughout his history if you care to read back his history as an attention seeking developer, you realize there is nothing new here.

Why? Probably a combination of nature and nurture. The guy grew up in a sheltered protected privileged life, where always pursuing just whatever gratification he wanted has always worked for him. In fact he’ likely knows no other mode. Or rather considers other ways for losers.

On the nature side, I would not be the least surprised if he was on the autism spectrum. I suspect his son is, and that is part of why it was unquestionable that he would stay in the school environment where he is. In a similar way Donald Trumps own spectrum challenges were minimized by money and bought opportunity. In the private enterprise he has always operated in, he could command away his shortcomings. He answered to nobody. The context he is in now highlights his disability and complete and obvious inability to do this job well.

None of this is meant to generate any sympathy for him. He’s been lucky enough to inherit a life position that almost anybody could have succeed in, even somebody with such an obvious disability. If he had a life where his success was dependent on pleasing others, as in superiors, his life would have turned out very differently.

What we have to remember is that he is now working for somebody - all of US. We are responsible for letting him know when we are dissatisfied with his performance, specifically because it sits so poorly with him.

2 Likes

I agree with you except for this last part. He is working for someone other than us. That is certain.

Oh man, even the interjections were pretty great, though they made me start reading it in my head like recitative from a sondheim musical where minor characters kept popping in to sing a line…

1 Like

Well sure - he always works for himself. But he’s president, and the president works for us whether he likes it or not.

And yet I still can’t find it in me to feel sorry for any of these people.

5 Likes

Himself and some foreign entity(s) yet to be determined. He (Bannon) has no interest in us and holds everything about this country in contempt. I don’t think for a second that he thinks he is working for us at all.

Goes in line with Spicer’s exasperation today:

“I’ve decided I’m not going to comment on the tweets of the day or the hour. I haven’t seen them all to be candid with you.” S. Spicer

2 Likes

Yes. Nixon didn’t just care about America either, he actually cared about the world, Americas’ place in the community of Nations. He didn’t “Go to China” seeking an advantage for one nation, but a diffusion of advantage for all the nations. He did his duty by his Nation, would have been appalled by suggestions otherwise.

Which is one of the reasons I deplore this shit gibbon stumpy fingers. There was a reason people could say “Light of the World” with a straight face about the US. There was a reason people in other nations put our faith in Lady Liberty even though we were well aware that some of her minions stumbled or even on rare occasion deliberately didn’t uphold their professed creed. We knew perfectly well that they would do their duty, or swiftly be brought to book by the system, a system 99% of the posts filled by people to whom it is a sacred trust. To uphold Ideals timeless and pure.

I didn’t think I would live to see someone representing my Cousins Jonathan who didn’t even pretend to respect the proprieties and conventions of the office. I didn’t think it was possible in the same way I don’t imagine things falling upward. Fuck the clown.

Please get around to showing him how it is done, America.

4 Likes

Yeah, because he NEVER directly contradicts himself in writing… :rolling_eyes:

6 Likes

I sure hope that Comey has the balls to say “Bring it on, asshole! Bring. It. On.” The ONLY way to deal with a bully is to stand up to him.

5 Likes

There are reports that the capability has always been in place, but I think it is up to each individual president to request of the Secret Service that it be used, or not.

3 Likes

Holy fucksocks; that may be the most insightful thing I’ve ever seen on the site for Twits.

Good share, thanks.

4 Likes