Trump threatens Comey on Twitter, suggests he has "tapes" of their conversations

It probably helps that they’re both evil, so not total opposites.

1 Like

You missed it by one word…

https://www.google.com/search?q=nixon+advisor+war+on+drugs

I wonder if that correction makes Trump and Nixon even more similar.

8 Likes

I am not sure you will find a photo of a certain German dictator with a funny beard paying for a photo with Kissinger…

But anyway.

1 Like

as subtle as a mob cement truck loaded with diarrhea.

Rob, are you ok with the concept of being someone’s new pretend mentor? … asking for a friend

1 Like

He also said he’d do the exact same thing again. He may be a traditional law man, but he’s also traditional when it comes to seeing what he wants, rationalizing his behaviour, and compartmentalizing.

8 Likes

The public has put up with a lot from Trump, but using quotation marks for emphasis? Surely that’s a bridge too far.

11 Likes

I don’t know. People will forgive a lot if it’s the “President” doing it.

8 Likes

I love that that stupid game theorey meme won’t die.

2 Likes

Someone has to clean the toilets!

Well, if he can’t be a Supreme Court Justice, that would be good with me. Actually, I’m serious about the SCOTUS thing, I think he’d be excellent as a justice.

The ‘Nixon wasn’t that bad, at least he loved his country’ bout of revisionism going here is ridiculous.

Nixon was a criminal, corrupt, power hungry egomaniac. He had no respect for democracy, was racist AF, and to boot left a body count that the Don will need at least one full term to match.

14 Likes

That’s what happens when you compare Nixon to the Clintons for 20 years.

2 Likes

The sad thing is I don’t care for the Clintons one iota, yet concur completely. False equivalence is the name of the game, and the game is making everything mean nothing.

7 Likes

I just saw a discussion on Colbert with the old cast of the Daily Show. At one point John Stewart, talking about the criticism they would get, said: “People hold comedians to higher standards than they hold our leaders.”

13 Likes

Nixonian indeed. Lest we forget:

You know who else had odd food habits?

4 Likes

Since Comey is fired, I don’t think you can call anything he chooses to say a “leak”. You have to be inside to leak.

5 Likes

I think Obama would make a better judge/justice than president. I mean, if Taft could be chief justice after being president, why not Obama (aside from the fact that republicans would sooner set fire to the capitol building than hold a confirmation hearing for him)?

5 Likes

wouldn’t a mob cement truck loaded with diarrhea actually be pretty subtle, I mean you would definitely not be expecting it as a diarrhea delivery mechanism.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s a good one. I think he’s totally right. I also think people are slowly realizing it, too - I’m no longer seeing those “what kind of five-dimensional chess is this administration playing when Trump said X that seemed really stupid?” sorts of analyses. People are realizing he is, indeed, that stupid and reactive-in-the-moment.

5 Likes

Kissinger was only there to service the vintage recording equipment.

11 Likes