Trump to Guggenheim: lend me your Van Gogh? Guggenheim: Nah, howbout a gold toilet instead?

Thanks to you and everyone else here who confirmed it happens all the time-- I was never aware of this practice.

1 Like

I dunno about Van Gogh…

but this is pretty much how I felt on election night.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scream#/media/File%3AThe_Scream.jpg

1 Like

Maybe we could commission Serrano to do a new version with a Trump figure inside the liquid? Seems appropriate.

I feel like I should send her flowers or something.
Resistance has many faces.

6 Likes

He wants the most artist responsible for the most expensive works of art. It’s nothing to do with taste or artistic merit, it is all about being able to boast to some poor visitor about how much it is worth.

2 Likes

Methinks you give him too much credit. He wants a Van Gogh for the same reason it’s the only major painter’s works you can buy at Wal-Mart that isn’t Thomas Kincaid. Just like all of the Marilyn Monroe and James Dean rubbish for people who have never seen any of their films. Taste for hire.

1 Like

A Thomas Kinkade, “Aiiiee! The cottage is on fire!”, would be fitting. Perhaps with upgrades?

8 Likes

So, not even on public display? I reckon it might have been droll to give him something plainly not a Van Gogh, such that visitors might delight in thinking, “That’s hilarious, he actually thinks it’s a Van Gogh!” It would of course have to be something that would not be a great loss if it was hit with Big Mac sauce.

But this idea is probably better.

:wink:  

1 Like

It’s a painting of this event. Ruby Bridges. She’s only 63 years old.

220px-US_Marshals_with_Young_Ruby_Bridges_on_School_Steps

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.