Trump to Romney: grovel before me for Secretary of State job

There are a "whole lot of weasel words in every other sentence uttered by that failed human wretch. I hope Romney does grovel, it will fit his existence perfectly.

1 Like

You’re cracking me up here

3 Likes

Zod has my vote

6 Likes

Except that Pence will be much worse…many of us don’t want to live in a theocracy. I’m a white, straight, southern male and I hate the idea of these people running the country.

14 Likes

Nah, he’s staffing for arse-kissing.

The basic rule is that if you spent the campaign grovelling to Trump and remained loyal throughout Pussygate, you get a job.

If not, you get an “interview”, where the entire purpose is to force you to grovel and call him “Mr President” to his face, before he throws you out and tells Twitter that he never liked you anyway.

Nicky Haley seems to be an exception, but I think the point there is to get her out of her governor’s seat so that a Trumpkin can take over the state.

13 Likes

Yes! Almost there, donate and watch the fund-raising progress!

3 Likes

I can’t help but think Trump really is lining Romney up for a very public humiliation a la Ted Cruz.

3 Likes

Don’t do it, Mittens!

5 Likes

Tell me you don’t think that is something he would say.

You know, if we’re forced to have a Republican SoS - and we pretty much are - Romney isn’t the worst pick. Especially if he has the nerve to tell Trump to fuck off. He at least seems capable of learning. Maybe he would accept regular briefings from the former SoS for a transitional period of, oh, four years?

Compared to Bolton…

6 Likes

I don’t understand why Romney would even want the job.

He doesn’t need money. He’ll never be president.

He’d just be the fall guy for bad shit happening on the other side of the world.

Is Mittens jumping on the grenade to save us from Giuliani and Bolton?

7 Likes

That’s how it works in a monarchy. Any 16th century courtier knew the game - flatter more, bow lower, and the King may look on you favourably. If Mitt abases himself sufficiently, he might make Groom of the Stool.

3 Likes

Also, it does put him fairly high in the line of presidential succession, and with this crowd, that consideration becomes a bit more pertinent.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d guess he’d end up veep in a couple of years.

5 Likes

People keep talking about these long-shot hopes that somehow Turmp just won’t be prez after all. I don’t think it’s very realistic, but more than that, I just don’t think there’s much point wishing for it. The damage is done.

I hope I’m not oversimplifying things here, but it seems like a lot of people saw that a black man had become President, and a woman might be next, so they decided to irreversibly befoul the office itself, sticking it up their butt so no one can ever again be proud to be associated with it. This has been achieved.

7 Likes

So the potential head of the National Security Agency doesn’t comprehend how to use Twitter?

I probably need to start stocking up on facepalm and eye roll gifs now. I’m going to need a lot of them.

8 Likes

Who would claim to be that, who was not?

They can just delegate all that technical mumbo-jumbo, right? They don’t have to understand it themselves. National security’s as easy as throwing shut the bolt on the barn door after the horses have left…

2 Likes

It is likely. I don’t subscribe to the belief that politicians are all equally venal. Often misguided, myopic and callus, but I think most are genuinely motivated by a desire to do good as they see it. He did lay the foundation for obamacare when he was governor of Massachusetts, after all.

If you flip it around, what does Romney have to gain by continuing to lead a generic rich guy life? He’s got kids, some even adopted. If nothing else, its important to him that those kids and their kids will grow up in a prosperous and decent america. If he thinks he can keep the train on the rails, he’s gotta try. Even if it means a loss of face for himself. What does he need face for anyway? He is rich and he looks like he’s direct from central casting…

5 Likes