Trump to Romney: grovel before me for Secretary of State job

My God! I think you’ve nailed it. How sad for us and all the kids who will inherit the smoldering shell of a nation that had promise. And of all the tragic fucked-up endings this caricature of a human being is extremely rank. Ahh America, you deserved so much batter than you got.

1 Like

If Mitt Romney tells Trump to take a flying fuck through a rolling doughnut, I will forgive him that his favorite book was Battlefield Earth.

2 Likes

So exploitable.

He didn’t “turn NYC around,” but it is understandable that people might believe that. What I completely fail to understand is how the fuck does he get credit for “protecting us?”

2 Likes

I don’t understand why the US has to run a cake stall in order to fund a check to ensure that its democracy is working as intended.

I mean, WTF? That’s a pretty core part of your govt. It shouldn’t take a whip-around to pay for.

6 Likes

AKA “worked for the private health insurance industry in order to immunise their profits from the threat of decent single payer healthcare”.

2 Likes

I think some people have a pretty shallow definition of ‘principle’ if they think it obviously means not apologizing to Trump in this situation.

Go watch the first episode of ‘Black Mirror’.

1 Like

Hate to say it but it might be better for the USA and the world if Romney takes the job.

Been a lot of that going on the last few days, weeks, months, years, decades.

1 Like

Not that surprising for a place where ‘public sector’ is a dirty word…

1 Like

So the question is whether or not SOS will once again be given out as a consolation prize to a failed candidate for POTUS?

1 Like

I can think of many people who would be more presidential than Trump

3 Likes

Bit OT, but I just saw this interview snippet with Trevor Noah, who has some rather sobering thoughts on the Trump situation…

5 Likes

Why the hate? Its unquestionably the best result for America and the world if Mitt Romney is Secretary of State rather than Rudy “Nosferatu” Giuliani. It’s such a radically normal choice that it’s difficult to believe Trump is even contemplating it.

1 Like

I would be hoping for a secretary more like Powell or Rice than Kerry or Clinton. Somebody with experience in international relations.

I think he’s deciding between Romney and Giuliani on bank balance.

1 Like

I will bow. Yield! KNEEL! Before Zod.
I will never bow, yield, or kneel befor trump.

2 Likes

I would be hoping for a secretary more like Powell or Rice or Kerry or Clinton. Somebody with experience in international relations.

FTFY!
1 Like

Mittens has fuck you money, donny has only a fuck you attitide. I predict Mittens will watch it all burn down from his house in Lajolla.

2 Likes

As much as I was against Mitt in 2012, and I certainly was, I was against Mitt the moustache twirlingly conservative Presidential Candidate. As a New Hampshire resident, I was pretty familiar with Mitt the governor of Massachusetts, and would have been fine with that guy as President. Mitt the Presidential candidate sucked, when compared against Obama, but Mitt the governor was pretty good at being governor of a very liberal state. He signed an assault weapons control bill, marriage equality bill, and the health care plan which would be the model for the ACA. Basically he did what his constituents would want.

If everyone rational boycotts Trump, we’re just going to have a completely irrational executive branch, see also the members of the intelligence community who have pledged not to work with a Trump administration. I’d be happy to have Secretary of State Romney, if it meant that we didn’t have to have Secretary of State Nugent.

Love to have someone competent in at least some position to keep us from the brink of war.

2 Likes