Trump told Cohen to lie to Congress about The Moscow Tower Project

BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the Special Counsel’s Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s Congressional testimony are not accurate

This is very lawyered. Note it never says the facts are wrong - it’s just disputing the evidence. These people are master wordsmiths and if there was truly no truth to this story they would say as much.

7 Likes

Agree. I interpret it as a “Lulling them into a false sense of security”.

Mueller has to avoid rocking the boat until he can deliver the probe results to congress. Trump will avoid interfering if he thinks they don’t have anything on him.

6 Likes

Did Trump’s Russian friends already “visit” with Cohen?

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m super baffled at what Mueller’s plan is here. My best guess is that he’s got a whole point by point takedown of Trump just about ready to present and this random explosive revelation throws a wrench in his carefully built thesis.

4 Likes

The other thing I find interesting is the original statements were never attributed to anybody on Mueller’s team, it was sourced as being from, “two federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation of the matter”.

For all we know this was from individuals working the parallel SDNY investigation or any other number of active inquiries into the Trump Crime Family.

3 Likes

I suspect the goal is to sneak the report to congress without Trump knowing when and how it is being presented.

No time to interfere, spin, fire, or do damage control.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.