Trump told friends he's running again in 2024

4 Likes

Running in 2024? If there’s a huge hamster wheel in his cell… yea… sure.

5 Likes

12 Likes

It’s not there party, it’s his, and he was solidly defeated once and that didn’t stop them.

3 Likes

But they had Alzheimer’s for twenty years.

9 Likes

You waited till he died?

11 Likes

I like the way you think.

10 Likes

He doesn’t actually believe in laws per se. He believes that the legal system is just a game won by the person (him, natch) with the best lawyers. So when he talked about getting a third term because he was treated so badly, he really meant it.

7 Likes

14 Likes

All true. It also keeps those contributions rolling in, but he is probably violating campaign finance laws in the process.
You can’t collect campaign money for very long without actually running a campaign, but he will flout the law, as is his habit.

8 Likes

It will make it really interesting if he says he is going to run, no one tosses their hat in the ring, then he never quite gets around to actually doing it

7 Likes

He’s already holding campaign rallies in states that have a history of being electorally significant.

I thought so, but by the numbers Biden actually beat him solidly. It didn’t exactly change a lot of minds and as we’ve gotten further from that loss they’ve largely dug in deeper on the idea he won.

6 Likes

He doesn’t believe that shit at all, though. He knows the only way he gets back in the white house is if he gets elected in 2024.

That said, he also knows that his people are dumbasses who will send him money every week he reminds them that “soon, soon, soon” and he’ll just kick that can down the road and do it successfully for four years while grifting them all the way.

3 Likes

… at that price point.

3 Likes

He’s already a loser dragging the party down. If he lost the presidential election while being an undefeated President, how can he win the next time? I think there would be people running against him. Some might think they can out-Trump Trump by being even more MAGA, others might try a more traditional Republican line.

1 Like

I was wondering about that minor detail… Presumably he’ll find someone willing to do this for him; wouldn’t surprise me that they’ll even pay him to to the work for him. But when he (probably) decides not to run after all (e.g. “never mind, you don’t even deserve me as President”) presumably that money’s supposed to be rolled forward to the next candidate(s) – I’m guessing he’ll probably just keep it or roll it into his “PAC.”

At the same time, I don’t recall that Biden’s approval numbers, at their lowest, have ever dipped down to Trump’s at their highest. Which, yeah, ought to be a pretty low bar. But Biden is far from being the unpopular and horrible POTUS that the 2020 campaign would have people believe. (Again, a low bar.) FWIW.

9 Likes

I like to joke about a deranged elderly narcissist I personally know that the evil is what will keep her plaguing us for another decade or two. There’s a hint of truth in the joke, but only in that the privilege and power these types accrue for themselves within their realms can allow them the opportunity to avoid risks in a way that others might not.

Our hope lies in the stupid factor. It’s one thing for Biff to avoid the consequences of Covid denialism in service to his ego by getting Presidential-grade medical care but quite another thing to avoid the outcomes of the grease-laden and artery-clogging diet that this arrested adolescent has consumed for decades. Here’s hoping!

9 Likes

“I have three friends who’ve had dinner with him in the last couple of months. All three reported that his current plans are to run for president in 2024,” the source told Rolling Stone.

No, the source has friends. Misleading headline threw me at first too.

14 Likes

Any friend of mine who also hung out with Biff wouldn’t be a friend for much longer.

9 Likes

Ah, kind of a ‘Friends of Trump’ campaign? That’s an angle I hadn’t considered.
I was thinking more along the lines of what he has always done… shell companies/PACs, money laundering, etc.

Of course he will keep the money.
That’s his sole objective in life.

It wouldn’t hurt my feelings for him to lose everything he allegedly owns, then to either die in prison, or be subjected to the tender mercies of the Russian Mafia.

It was only a century?

That party has been the party of greed, corruption, & hypocrisy for as long as I can remember, & I can remember when Goldwater ran for POTUS. You Know Who merely made it blatant.

Oh, the usual.
Gerrymandering, voter supression, election fraud, etc.
Various State legislatures are at it, hammer & tongs, to ensure a One-Party State.

12 Likes