Trump Tweet: 'I refer to Fake News Media when mentioning Enemy of the People'

But isn’t that kinda the point? “Sure, he talked about how he hates Globalism, and he’s a Nationalist, but you’re just misinterpreting what he meant…”

4 Likes

Heh. Two-Scoops’ relationship to public speaking is a lot like the relationship of actual art to “paint by numbers”. Qualitatively and objectively superior minds assemble thoughts and words into speeches. Then Herr Drumphfenfuhrer’s staff strips out the important facts, pares down the words to soundbites that sound good on news clips and which don’t challenge his caffeinated toddler’s attention span, and then lets him mess it all up in his own signature way.

2 Likes

As always, better late than never.

3 Likes

Not an entirely red flag… or at least, not always an entirely red flag.

6 Likes

He’s like someone in a sitcom that says something under his breath that someone heard. “Uh, no, I didn’t say ‘fucking Jew meddlers’, I said ‘fake news media’. Yeah, that’s the ticket.” Except no one’s laughing.

Trump doesn’t care nor do any of his supporters. He can say whatever idiotic thing he wants and nothing will change.

It amazes me that his approval rating is as high as it is. I wonder what it is he would have to do to lose support?

4 Likes

A bit like this (and no compunction in not linking to the source given what sort of fuckwit Trump apologist Scott Adams turned out to be).

1 Like

He called this very early in his campaign. “I could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Ave and not loose any support.” Substitute “a synagogue in Pittsburgh” for “5th Ave” and the statement holds.

7 Likes

The Republican party is only beneficial to old rich white guys. I am beginning to wonder if they are eventually going to abandon even that group. I am not particularly thrilled with the Democrats either but am voting against all representatives of the cult of the orange clown.

2 Likes

part of me just can’t believe it’s all some savvy intentional ploy on his part to manipulate things. but yeah, i think it plays to his advantage and he knows it.

The problem here is that when CNN or any news outlet reports something Trump actually said, or something his administration actually did that looks bad, he gets angry. It’s not “fake” it’s the ugly truth. Meanwhile Fox News will posit wild theories that have no evidence to back them up, or deliberately twist things to favor the president, selectively report on what they want, etc. Trump and the right wing media are trying to blur the lines between real and fake because reality doesn’t favor them.

11 Likes

The number of working poor that vote Republican has always baffled me. Why wouldn’t you support the party that wants to help you? Remember when organized labor used to be a reliable source of votes for Democrats?

3 Likes

I’m waiting for him to start talking about Degenerate Art. Actually it will probably be Pence who gets it started but still. How long before they start demanding the cuture war be made real?

4 Likes

George W. Bush’s approval rating was 81% at the end of his first year and Obamas was about 50%. If I had to guess, Republicans don’t do disapproval, and a large portion of Democrats separate party politics from approval…(and/or no one thinks it’s a good idea to disapprove of the president during a national crisis, but you know…)

3 Likes

Sadly both parties have drifted away from support and representation of the majority of the public. Few politicians spend any time outside of gated communities and have absolutely no clue how 95% of the people live.

2 Likes

I get what you are saying, but surely the working poor would be better off with Democrats running the show. I don’t understand why anybody that’s poor would vote against their own self-interests.

3 Likes

True, but with the added comment that the Democrats need to change for there to be meaningful change. Members of the DSA are trying to do this by running as Democratic candidates, but they need to be elected at all levels for this to work.

6 Likes

Democrats are unable to see a glass half full, or even 3/4 full, without bitching about it not being completely full and demanding the server be fired. The Times today had a review of a new play, ‘The Niceties’, about a battle between a liberal boomer professor and an angry radical student. Instead of finding common ground, Democrats find fault, fragment, and destroy themselves.

Members of the DSA are trying to do this by running as Democratic candidates

That doesn’t make any sense to me. Why would a poor person that currently votes for the Republicans suddenly switch to the Democratic party if the party shifts left? Wouldn’t they already be voting Democrat?

I have family members that live paycheck-to-paycheck and they vote Republican every time. If I ask them about it, it’s because they believe the Republicans do a better job of supporting the military. If the DSA members are going to push for building the military up, then that might actually make a difference to my relatives.

1 Like

Supporting the military? Is there a bigger waste of tax dollars than the military? We now fight endless wars overseas with a poor track record of making anything better for anyone. America is responsible for creating Al-Qaeda and ISIS. We will likely enable yet another horrific group in the future. I will be voting Democrat not because I like them but because they are not as bad as the Republicans and my belief that having one party controlling all branches of government is toxic to both personal freedom and democracy.

2 Likes