Trump tweeted he witnessed "horror and devastation" of Harvey, but others say he didn't really

9 Likes

I can’t imagine his presence would make life BETTER for anyone affected by the flooding, so I give this lie a “no harm, no foul” rating

7 Likes

If you were a Harvey victim in a shelter, would you rather see Donald Trump and a hundred secret service agents, or one Red Cross volunteer with a blanket just for you?

As a human on the face of the earth, is there ever a time you would want to be shown in a photo opp with Donald Trump? Are there words of condolence you would ever accept from him under any circumstance? Of course not. Even if he accidentally says the right words someday, those words will be coming from the wrong mouth.

5 Likes

No.

He’s managed to do a worse job than Theresa May did after the Grenfell tower fire, and I didn’t give her a pass.

12 Likes

I’m sure no one was actually disappointed with not meeting him, but the fact that 45 has not even mentioned the people who’ve died is very telling.

10 Likes

Still managed to talk about crowd sizes though, to the surprise of no one.

side note: I hope your ex had decent insurance at the very least. it can;t replace all things, but it helps.

edit. didn’t get to @ficuswhisperer mentioning this too.

10 Likes

Thanks.

He does have decent insurance, and it’s just material stuff… but having to replace one’s whole life is still disheartening A/F.

14 Likes

Truly. Because there will be some things that cannot be replaced, and those are always the most precious and dear (child hood memory, photos, etc).

We had really terrible flooding a few years back in RI, and our basement is particularly vulnerable. We lost a bunch of things, but nothing irreplaceable. I couldn’t have imagined if it had been most of my house under water as opposed to just 6 inches.

7 Likes

It’s the photographs that hurt the most. Isabel’s storm surge detoured through my grandparent’s house and all photo albums were lost. Salt water and sea weed do numbers on old photos. Only the ones that were up high on top of dressers etc. were saved.

Note: When a big storm is coming stow your photos somewhere safe.

12 Likes

He witnessed the devastation of the storm “first hand” in the same way he witnessed thousands of Muslims cheering in New Jersey on 9/11.

16 Likes

tumblr_ov0m5iTx3H1vaqoiqo1_400

18 Likes

It occurs to me that should he ever be witness to someone else’s commision of a crime, no DA worth their salt would ever put 45 on the witness stand; eyewitness accounts are not very reliable under the best circumstances, let alone if the account is coming from someone with his despicable ‘track record.’

5 Likes

If one is a Russian prostitute creating blackmail material for your paymasters either in the government or mafia.

2 Likes

It tells us something we already know: he doesn’t care about human beings unless they can do something for him, and once they’ve done that thing their value in his eyes goes back to zero.

Trump may surprise us with erratic behavior, but he’s not going to surprise us with a new dimension to his personality.

12 Likes

Hey Texas!, looks you have two new residents. No green cards required:

“President Trump sent us here to say that we are with you. The American people are with you. We are here today, we will be here tomorrow, and we will be here every day" until Texas rebuilds.” -Mike Pence (Axios)

Wonder if they will live in a FEMA trailer until he becomes president?

7 Likes

Oh, I agree; and I’m not the least bit surprised, just more disheartened.

This piss poor excuse for a human being is what a good 3rd of the US population is ‘okay’ with for leadership.

That fact will probably always horrify me.

13 Likes

especially if a flotilla of fire ants happens to float into the toxic chemicals at the same time!

6 Likes

548b4a01eacdefac92f488a1b96df0ac

11 Likes

Instead of shucking those stupid hats he could have been giving them away.
But then, he would be a whole different person.

5 Likes

but her emails ant

22 Likes