Trump writes that "Aircraft One" may do a "low & loud sprint" over his military parade

9 Likes

That, or their tanks are lighter, or they don’t mind repairing their roads?

1 Like

If Trump were really patriotic, he would have had massive Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade balloons made of all US military hardware and floated them out over DC, for a whole year, like a star-spangled Batman villain.

16 Likes

Golf Cart One gets the most mileage.

17 Likes

Or those roads are built to handle the weight, since there are yearly parades with tanks on them.

6 Likes

tumblr_pqr70c9aCQ1qj6sk2o4_500

5 Likes

They don’t care about the repair of their roads. Remember if you complain about something in Pyongyang, the boss will fucking have you shredded nice and fine with an AA gun then have you served like pulled pork.

8 Likes

or just “oof”…

Not that it matters a jot; the last Sherman was produced in July 1945 (which makes sense - WWII was effectively already over, and the Sherman was basically already obsolescent in 1942-ish). They did remain in service in the US Army till 1957 … so many of the damn things were made that they had to be used for something.

6 Likes

Thanks, I wasn’t sure when the last one was produced, so I was thinking of the last possible time they could conceivably have been produced.

Until today, I guess? No word yet on where the Trump Shermans were unveiled. (Shermps? Shrumps? Shemps?)

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/1146074569905774592

11 Likes

I was specifically writing about airplanes.

Nevermind.

(Uncle Sam as Job)

3 Likes

Sure, ok, but that could still be Marine One, or Army One, or Navy One.

Fun fact: the US Army has more aircraft than the USAF, and more water craft than the US Navy.

1 Like

Ugh, jeez, who cares already? Boys n their toys, boys n their toys. . . .

5 Likes

Sure, but it beats the crap out of talking about the orange turd, no?

2 Likes

Well, I did write “planes,” which to me means “airplanes.”
Now, had I written “aircraft” that would be some thing else.

1 Like

Are there normally balloons at the 4th of July parade? I’ve never paid attention to it before.

1 Like

Yeah, I understand the distinction. The USMC, USN, and US Army all have plenty of winged aircraft (ie, planes)

2 Likes