Trump's approval ratings go down the drain among his base

Can’t pull yourself up from the bootstraps when someone’s stolen your boots. And sawed off your legs. Then charged you for it.

12 Likes

Have they decided if it will be a speech or a printed text yet? Wasn’t it being suggested it ought not be an actual speech due to shutdown and security issues?

2 Likes

Rats escaping a sinking ship?

4 Likes

Three more days until Pence is eligible for his ten year hypothetical term. The Harkonnen Gambit is still a distinct possibility.

6 Likes

Yeah, or maybe for no reason at all. That’s sort of why the title to this post bothers me – a drop of 10% hardly seems like “down the drain.” Call me when it’s a drop of 40%-50%, and I’ll be happy happier.

1 Like

“Sorry, but I like presidents that don’t die in office!” - Trumpo, probably

4 Likes

That’s because Dubya precipitated a financial collapse and recession…

Trump: “Hold my KFC.”

2 Likes

The Russian President of the United States, Donny Two Hamberders criminal organization is unraveling, that’s the news, that’s what’s important, not his fucking BASE.

8 Likes

If it’s text will HE read it?

1 Like

Your friend is absolutely correct … about the getting attention part.

3 Likes

This is pretty significant. The major hold Trump&Co have on all the mainstream Republicans who hate him is, the 27% of the voting public who support him is more than half of the Republican primary vote. So anyone who goes against Trump is could be primaried by anyone who Trump endorses. That keeps them in line. They know that supporting Trump hurts them in the general election, but that it won’t matter if they don’t get that far the next time around.

However, if that support erodes, the fine line between courting the Trumpists in the primary and remaining palatable to everyone else in the general election becomes a razor’s edge. At 23-24%, the balance shifts and it no longer makes sense to pander.

8 Likes

Such maturity!

9 Likes

I’m sure stopping a politician from checking up on our troops will go over well

3 Likes

I sympathize with Trumps denial of climate change, I have the same feeling about the existence of his voter base.

2 Likes

I think Coulter just saw my post the other day where I said the same thing. I’m pretty convincing, I always say!

3 Likes

I assume you mean having a spine.

This is the issue. If a Republican senator came out against Trump full force, Democratic voters would support, praise, and deify him or her, but let’s be honest, they wouldn’t vote for them in the next election. It wouldn’t matter though, as they could not survive the next primary.That is why the only ones who speak up are those who are not seeking another term.

4 Likes

Problem is, they’re turning on him because he hasn’t gotten the stupid wall built. They don’t care that he’s a racist, a compulsive liar, a sociopath, an emotionally stunted overgrown baby, a selfish brat, an ill-mannered pig, an ignorant idiot, a thief, a fraud, a con man, and quite possibly a traitor. They’re not bothered at all by the fact that he is trash and a miserable excuse for a human being in every way. That’s what they LIKE about him. No, they reason they’re disapproving now because he hasn’t been trashy enough. He hasn’t managed to build the symbol they wanted to show the world their xenophobic, shortsighted, racist, hateful way of thinking.

Whatever. If enough of them start writing their Congresswhores that they support impeachment that the Congresswhores finally realize jumping ship is in their interests, maybe we’ll be able to get him out of office before he gives Putin the key to turn Fort Knox.

6 Likes

I don’t honestly think the majority of the Republican congresscritters give a shit about the wall.

The scuttlebutt from insiders is that much of his campaign promises are dumb, unrealistic and he’s a childish idiot. But frankly, they may also think that somewhat about their voters as well, because they know Trump has struck political gold, and the Trump way of doing politics may well be the way of the future Republican party.

Now, that scuttlebutt may be wrong. Who can say? We may not know until Trump is out of office one way or the other.

4 Likes

I’ve said it before, but i’m still astounded anyone claiming to be Christian can support Trump at all*… In many ways he’s like the parody opposite of this Jesus fellow they claim to revere…

*yeah, i do know the real reason, for most of them the closest they’ve gotten to reading a bible is staring at it from a distance or simply holding one.

It just astounds me the sheer gulf between what they claim to believe in and what they actually support… It’s like watching a mass murdering pacifist try to justify themselves…

7 Likes

Thanks – fixed.

1 Like