Trump's big 60 Minutes interview was a big ratings flop

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/16/trumps-big-60-minutes-interv.html

4 Likes

The best part about this story is knowing it drives him absolutely insane to not have good ratings.

41 Likes

Pretty much yeah- extremely satisfying to know he got bad ratings.

but it’s not surprising- isn’t everyone sick of hearing this idiot talk by now? Like 24-7 trump trump trump for 4 years wasn’t enough, who on earth would wanna watch a 60 minutes interview

18 Likes
21 Likes

Not surprising.

Everyone knows 60 Minutes caters to a mob of violent hippies.

16 Likes

I’m sorry, a “marker”.

2 Likes

What a horseface.

11 Likes

Both yesterday and today, they’ve made a special point on Morning Joe to call Trump a baby, just to get under his (very orange) skin.

9 Likes

tumblr_pgewthW0mK1vmtp2uo1_540

28 Likes

His grip on reality is pretty tenuous at best. This may not be rhetorical.

9 Likes

But. We know what will happen.

1. Tomorrow he will tweet that more than 10 million people watched him.
  2. Day after tomorrow he’ll re-iterate that 60 Minutes and A.P. is fake news.
  3. Three days from now he’ll forget about the whole thing, because: dementia.

So tragically predictable.

24 Likes

Apathy always is.

2 Likes

Fake News.

Most minutes in 60 minutes history.

10 Likes

Didn’t even know about it until now.

3 Likes

I had the feeling this was dawning when I recently saw clips of one of his mob rallies.
His shtick sounded so used up and tired. Even newer ‘bits’ sounded more hollow, meaningless, half-baked, and petty than before.

I thought I could sense it in the crowd, too. Sure, they still cheered -everyone gets all fired up at these things, I’m sure- but there were these moments in between where attendees seemed to briefly see the true face, silently asking themselves, ‘This is a total shitshow right here, isn’t it?’

I would link to the clip, but alas, no youtube.

7 Likes

Confirmed: Largest ratings for any interview in TV history!

2 Likes

Why would I invite that human sewage into my home?

14 Likes

Must be viewer fraud.

5 Likes

Trump will claim that it was a huge ratings hit, and then Trump will claim that Neilsen always was out to get him … even before he was on TV.

5 Likes

Also the minor detail that 60 Minutes airs when most people are trying to eat their dinner, thank you very much!

1 Like