Trump's big VA meeting at Mar-a-Lago weirdly canceled at last minute after this awkward moment

Is it not using an even and level measure to hold Trump to the standard he set for his predecessor? He regularly attacked Obama for Obama’s far less frequent and less expensive getaways and golf trips.

Is it unfair to point out that Trump explicitly promised last August that he “wouldn’t have time for golf” once elected, yet has already logged more time on the course in the first weeks of his administration than many golfers do in a year?

Is it “losing perspective” to note that Trump’s lifestyle is costing taxpayers more than many critical programs he’s trying to cut from the budget such as Meals on Wheels or Public Broadcasting or the National Endowment for the Arts?

Is it becoming as bad as the opposition to suggest that the President’s “big meeting” concerning the VA probably should not have been scheduled to take place a thousand miles away from Washington DC and should have included the Secretary of the Veterans Administration?

Sorry, I’m not buying the false equivalency made here.

35 Likes

Amen, sister.

Btw, I’m fresh off seeing I Am Not Your Negro last night, so I have plenty of new visual ammunition at my disposal.

23 Likes

Amen in return! I saw it a couple of weeks ago, fantastic work. And that man, JB – the movie shows that he was simply incandescent with greatness.

14 Likes

Do you think they have collected up all of those cannonballs from the ruins?

1 Like

I don’t think it cost a major bundle because LBJ’s ranch was a ranch in the middle of nowhere which is a lot cheaper to secure than a hotel in the middle of town on a beach. There was also an airstrip literally at the front door so there was no need to shut down the municipal airport every time he was in town.

24 Likes

Is that a modern shot or something from a few decades ago?

4 Likes

I meant to get to it sooner, but you know how stuff comes up.

And I could have easily streamed it, but I wanted to experience it in the theater and contribute my money to it; it was well worth the price of admission.

The fact that one can even ask that question in all seriousness in 2017 really speaks volumes, doesn’t it?

We have so far yet to go…

22 Likes

I am convinced that the reason Trump was able to turn Obama’s far-less-frequent golf excursions into an issue for his base is that they were incensed at the sight of a black man on a golf course at all.

25 Likes

Tiger?

(Sportsmen don’t count?)

5 Likes

Even being one of the greatest in the history of the sport doesn’t make one immune.

15 Likes
13 Likes

My roomie saw it last week, and I really want to see it. Off the top of your head is it playing outside of Berkeley?

7 Likes

Possibly. The description of the picture is not specific.

2 Likes

Oh. I don’t doubt it; having spent time in the internet trenches with people who hated the very ground Obama walked on and everything he did no matter how innocuous or mundane… but it was never because of his skin color, let them tell it.

Please believe it that people inclined to hate based on the concept of race resented the fuck out of TW, long before he ever demonstrated what a self-hating womanizing idiot he is…

A couple of Indie theaters in SF should have it…

9 Likes

Don’t forget that folks are paying $200k for the Trump Experience™ at Mar-a-lago (a number that mysteriously doubled from $100k when 45 was confirmed by the electoral college).
https://www.google.com/amp/www.palmbeachpost.com/news/local/update-trump-mingles-with-mar-lago-guests-outside-charity-ball/xFRbgrtFYNamso8FXmO6PN/amp.html
Cheeto House is pure graft and pay for access (not too mention, a major security risk).

Also, 45 must be so low energy and lacking in stamina with the need for so many vacations.

19 Likes

I’d never heard that; I assumed he was referencing the 1970s “Western White House”, in an effort to evoke the far more highly-regarded Nixon administration.

8 Likes

Jesus H.

7 Likes

Yes, he sometimes seems to be wearing his few weeks in office like it’s already been eight years.

11 Likes

Don’t get a racist started on how they are not racist and only honest because “blacks are better at all athletics.”

14 Likes

Nothing says “keeping perspective” more than comparisons to LBJ. In 2017.

13 Likes