Trump's creepy hate speech last night. Democrats are "sick, sinister, and evil people... This nation does not belong to them. This nation belongs to you."

They’re not even remotely anarchists… they’re corporatists. they just like the veneer of anarchism to justify their hedonism which they feel entitled to.

20 Likes

That’s when they smother you with a pillow instead of braining you with a brick.

25 Likes

“You know who I’m talking about”

It’s VERY important for him to NOT specify who he is talking about, and let his listeners/followers imagine their own boogeymen. That way he can rope in a wide group ranging from people who are mildly annoyed with some aspect of current culture, to the most hardcore racists, antisemites and misogynists.

23 Likes

I must assume you’re being sarcastic…
And the only reason he didn’t is because he can’t pronounce words that long and his audience doesn’t know what it means.

19 Likes

No. Instead they refer to us as animals, pedophiles, monsters, sub-human, sinister satanic evil doers bent on destroying democracy. FFS

13 Likes

I do appreciate the LHC jokes, but I also want to note the real reason the world feels broken. The reason it feels disconnected, random, and full of nonsense is because the whole thing is now being run on the whims of handful of idiots.

There used to be a little insulation to give the world some continuity…things like campaign finance laws, government departments run by experts, some companies that cared about long-term functioning instead of disruption. Now Joe Rogan or Peter Thiel says something stupid to Elon Musk, enough money to change the world is thrown in whatever random direction, and within a month synagogues need to be barricaded or some crap like that.

31 Likes

They’re fond of stealing or inventing labels to hide behind.

Murray Rothbard invented “anarcho-capitalism”.
Friedrich Hayek invented “classical liberalism”, 1950s.

I think it was James Buchanan who encouraged the right wing to colonize libertarian, and the Kochs (daddy was a John Birch Society co-founder) funded it.

20 Likes

that is true stephen colbert GIF by Obama

9 Likes

And it’s important not to tip off future targets that they’re going to be kicked out of the clubhouse.

That freemason guy would have been a good recruit.

16 Likes

And Nikki Haley, who was being touted as a more grown up Republican, said the Rev Raphael Warnock should be deported:

“Legal immigrants are more patriotic than the leftists these days. They knew they worked to come into America, and they love America. They want the laws followed in America, so the only person we need to make sure we deport is Warnock.”

15 Likes

It’s only “soft” in comparison to totalitarian regimes. Putin’s Russia pre-invasion was still a nasty place to live, saturated with state-sanctioned bigotry, thievery, and thuggery. The GQP is intent on re-producing that kind of regime here over the coming years.

17 Likes

I think, on the contrary, they have their own, secret context for being upset - they recognized themselves as the racists she was deploring…

11 Likes

Huh?

9 Likes

Sorry, I was thinking things like citizens united ruined. I’ll fix it.

12 Likes

That’s just plain stupid. It’s like saying getting “gently stabbed” won’t be so bad.

10 Likes

This nazi crap has Stephen Miller written all over it. Anyone know if he is still in trump’s circle?

5 Likes

Yeah, those types are okay with others being “gently stabbed”… as long as they’re not inconvenienced and they can have cheap gas…

It’s nazis all the way down, dude. They all believe this stuff, and even if they don’t in their heart of hearts, they are STILL promoting it. Trump, right on down are embracing full on fascism. Miller did not create all of that, he just joined an administration that embraced his worldview. :woman_shrugging:

12 Likes

He’s always been in the Nazi circle if that’s what you’re asking. Miller has lowered to public twitterbating in front of celebs…

12 Likes

or stabbed with an ice pick is not as bad as a butcher knife, a cleaver or an axe. (or bludgeoning with a hammer?)

7 Likes

Good for Mr. Meloni! We need more of that!

9 Likes