Trump's description of cognitive test he 'aced' is extremely weird

8 Likes

Agreed. To do bad on this test is a sign of very serious dementia. My dad was picked up on the street in his pijamas at age 78, merrily on his way to visit his long deceased parents. He could clearly explain where he was and why he was there (going to fix their car). He aced the test an hour later. Trump’s insistence that he did great on the hard test is his personality trait, but means nothing. My worst nightmare is that the GOP gets him to withdraw his nomination (since his poll numbers are getting worse and they realize he’s going to lose) for “health reasons” and one of the other despicables gets the presidency.

9 Likes

Hey, remembering these things is tough. That’s why we needed the same video three times in one post in case we didn’t get it. :wink:

Nah, just kidding. It was obviously repeated just in case Trumpty logged in and needed the point repeated before he got through his dumb skull.

The problem they face with building a paranoid cult of personality around him is that it’s non-transferable to any other candidate, at least in the short timeframe before the election. Not only would his base, slightly more than half of GOP voters, not vote for a replacement, it’s likely they would violently turn on such a candidate.

10 Likes

Brilliant!

I’d forgotten about this.

1 Like

When I watch these clips now I try to come at them from the position of a Trumper, and there is always a way to forgive his incompetence and stupidity and corruption. It’s like the mother of a mass murderer saying “no no, not my boy, he’s a good boy, he would never do that!”

1 Like
7 Likes

Lipschitz

4 Likes

(ahem… late night trip to Walter Reed…)

7 Likes

Exactly. Not at all from the test. The words are unrelated to each other. Face, velvet, church, daisy, red.

1 Like

It’s hard to come up with five words that don’t relate to the things you see around you when you lack basic object permanence.

8 Likes

v1
CAMERA TV

3 Likes

See. He’s #NotSenile
Now try this one Donald…

Interior crocodile alligator
I drive a Chevrolet movie theater
Interior crocodile alligator
I drive a Chevrolet movie theater

I remember my nan doing this. A troubling experience that could be taken as evidence of her dementia would just get stuck with her for months. She would then have a strong need to repeatedly retell the event, but slightly edited so as to create a version with her in control of events, able to assert herself and work herself out of the problem.

4 Likes

Hiding under the blanket while you watch them do it, and them thinking you can’t see them, is basically the main strategy of this administration.

1 Like
11 Likes

In a 1997 interview with shock jock Howard Stern, Trump talked about how he had been “lucky” not to have contracted diseases when he was sleeping around.

“I’ve been so lucky in terms of that whole world. It is a dangerous world out there. It’s scary, like Vietnam. Sort of like the Vietnam-era,” Trump said in a video that resurfaced Tuesday on Buzzfeed, “It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave soldier.”

10 Likes
11 Likes
8 Likes

Ha! Looks like we weren’t the only ones to think of The Usual Suspects.